• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 NeoEraser

NeoEraser

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 01:09 PM

Alright so I goofed up and now have the flashing red error at the startup of my brand new 1.6 xbox. What I need to be able to do now is to find a way to undo the damage. I read you can embed an EEPROM in a bios and boot that long enough to get the EEPROM re flashed. Unfortunately M8 is the only bios that works with a 1.6, and there exists no tool to embed a eeprom in that bios. Then I hear you can do it with cromwell. Well the only version of cromwell I can find (has been modified to allow the patching of an eeprom) when flashed to the modchip only frags (I assume it was too old to boot the 1.6).

Can anyone help me with my little problem here? Moving the eeprom chip to a good box is not an option. Can anyone point me to a bios for 1.6 that can have an eeprom embedded?

Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated. uhh.gif

#2 DuggyUK

DuggyUK

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 November 2004 - 07:08 PM

did you try the cronwell 3.01 that was posted recently?

#3 NeoEraser

NeoEraser

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 07:38 PM

Does the newest version of cromwell have a 1.6 eeprom embedded? If not, it does me no good.....

#4 Kafluke

Kafluke

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 November 2004 - 08:16 PM

the latest cromwell should do the trick 3.0.3 (I haven't heard anything about an embedded eeprom though)

#5 NeoEraser

NeoEraser

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:48 AM

Alright for all the poor souls that come trolling looking for the answer to this problem, here it is. Obtain version 3.0.1 of the xecuter flashbios (it's unofficial, has an option to reflash the EEPROM). Write this to your modchip and boot it. The option for eeprom says "DO NOT USE!" but it works anyway. This will still write a bad eeprom to your box, but your box will be able to boot a modded bios now. Use this opportunity to restore your original eeprom or any other you want.

DO NOT MIX AND MATCH XBOX TYPES AND EEPROMS! THATS WHAT GOT ME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I also can only vouch that this works fine for 1.6 model xboxes. Hope you have as much luck as I did.

#6 Shinogi

Shinogi

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (NeoEraser @ Nov 19 2004, 03:51 AM)
Alright for all the poor souls that come trolling looking for the answer to this problem, here it is. Obtain version 3.0.1 of the xecuter flashbios (it's unofficial, has an option to reflash the EEPROM). Write this to your modchip and boot it. The option for eeprom says "DO NOT USE!" but it works anyway. This will still write a bad eeprom to your box, but your box will be able to boot a modded bios now. Use this opportunity to restore your original eeprom or any other you want.

DO NOT MIX AND MATCH XBOX TYPES AND EEPROMS! THATS WHAT GOT ME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I also can only vouch that this works fine for 1.6 model xboxes. Hope you have as much luck as I did.

Where would I get the 3.0.1 unnoficial bios? I've looked around in xbins and can't find any unnoficial ones sad.gif Can you help

#7 Sergey23

Sergey23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:42 PM

@Shinogi:
You can download the 3.0.1 flashbios at the Team Xecuter Page...

@NeoEraser:
How did you activate the unofficial option to reflash the eeprom? Can't find anything about it...

Greetz!

Sergey23

#8 Shinogi

Shinogi

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 09:53 PM

I've installed the xecuter flashbios 3.0.3 to my xecuter 2.6 lite and now it boots up but no picture?? What gives?

I'm having trouble obtaining an unofficial 3.0.1 like NeoEraser suggested. Not on xbins or anywhere else i know of. Any ideas where I can get it? I've still got the problem of a blank screen when the xbox is booted up though, hopefully this unofficial 3.0.1 will sort it. It's not due to an incompatible tv with 50/60htz as it's a straight RGB and I run pal and ntsc games on it all the time.

I need some help here please wink.gif

#9 Sergey23

Sergey23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 10:04 PM

Have you tried flashbios 3.0.1. from w**.teamxecuter.com ?? Flashbios 3.0.3. does not seem to be compatible with XBox V 1.6.

#10 Shinogi

Shinogi

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (Sergey23 @ Nov 26 2004, 11:07 PM)
Have you tried flashbios 3.0.1. from w**.teamxecuter.com ?? Flashbios 3.0.3. does not seem to be compatible with XBox V 1.6.

I've just reflashed my chip with the flashbios 3.0.1 and now my eject light is constantly orange and I get the message "Bogus DHT index 7" on the screen.
Is this referring to my corrupted eeprom? What can I try next?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users