1 reply to this topic

#1 yiliboxer

yiliboxer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 04:47 AM

Ok... I installed the X3 on my 1.6 and when I was done I went to test it out. It would boot to the blue X3 symbol on the switch panel and frag. Sooooo I went over ALL my solder points again (this is like the 100th time, FOR REAL) and turned the solder iron to 30watts to get the solder down the pin header for a killer connection, so good MS may even consider hiring me. I would take pics, but I don't have a micro lens. All my wires are soldered flawless. Now I boot the thing up I get the Red X3 symbol and fraging. If you hold it in for the 1sec it boots to M$dash fine... but phuck M$dash, I want X3 to work damit. The only possible thing I can think of at this time is that maybe something is getting grounded out??? but I looked and dont see anything (keep in mind I have a microscope the size of something NASA would use to look at stars) Or something is'nt powering correctly on one of the pin headers.

So can anyone tell me what power voltage should be to each pin header so I can I can plug this bad boy in and hook up a voltage meter to see if I'm losing power somwhere.

And why did the color change from the BLUE fragging to the Red fragging. I'm not sure what change I did that made the difference.
I also tried hooking the D0 wire up to the D0 point on the top of the MB but had the same luck w/ the frags.
And it would be great if you could send me some $.

Thanks for you help!
:biggrin.gifZ::The_1

#2 yiliboxer

yiliboxer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 12:35 AM

Someone... Anyone??? come on guys/gals...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users