#1 T07N

T07N

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:32 AM

How would I get around this? I know that x3 people said that they must have an older firmware on this x3 and that is why it is not showing up on my xbox. I'm wondering if it is possible to blindly flash or something. I don't know which version of firmware they got on this x3 either.

#2 8itgreat

8itgreat

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:04 AM

it is possible to blindly flash ...you just need to know the menu list ...and of course best method would be via bios.bin cd you create....i know its the first choice on the menu...if all of a sudden your dvd rom tray opens then u have picked the correct choice...

just make sure you have the correct bios version and size for your version xbox and of course create a working boot bios.bin disk

when i did my own xbox last year with a 1.4 and x2.3lite i had to do it blind...worked fine...but i didnt have a list of options to worry about lol

#3 Shazman

Shazman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:02 PM

Have you done a wire install?

#4 _InFeRnO_

_InFeRnO_

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (Shazman @ Nov 19 2004, 02:05 PM)

Either way they would still need to flash the chip. Once the xbox is on press down twice for the flash from disk option and wait for the tray to open then insert the bios disk and wait for the chip to flash and the xbox to shut off.

#5 T07N

T07N

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (_InFeRnO_ @ Nov 19 2004, 02:43 PM)
Either way they would still need to flash the chip. Once the xbox is on press down twice for the flash from disk option and wait for the tray to open then insert the bios disk and wait for the chip to flash and the xbox to shut off.

I'll try that thanks!

#6 T07N

T07N

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Shazman @ Nov 19 2004, 02:05 PM)

Wire install? I followed what the x3 instructions told me to do. Soldered all the points. If the wire install is the soldering behind the board then yes ofcourse I did that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users