11 replies to this topic

#1 AngelBallz69

AngelBallz69

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:19 PM

i love MXM!!!!!! its been my dash from the start but will there ever be an update???????? havent seen any progress latly last update i heard for MXM was july,

#2 slidellsimba2

slidellsimba2

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 November 2004 - 11:26 PM

it sure seems that way, but being the hardcore mxm fan i am, i wait for the latest update. it is almost like halo 2, no release date yet, but we have an idea. if it doesnt meet that idea then we wait more. anyway, i know bj is a busy man as some of us are so i dont worry too much. my xbox hasnt needed anything critical EVER(knock on wood) so until it does the current mxm will do fine by me

#3 Taiger

Taiger

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 24 November 2004 - 06:25 PM

But something is not right, there have been no posts in the WIP forum since 8 nov.

This is strang ... uhh.gif

#4 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 November 2004 - 08:17 PM

I think BJ must be away for the time being, I'm sure he will give us an update status when he returns smile.gif

#5 mkjones

mkjones

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 03:51 PM

You are right man, an update would be nice. I just hope its worth the wait beerchug.gif

#6 Rodstorm

Rodstorm

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 November 2004 - 01:14 PM

Do what everyone else has done, use UnleashX instead.
Yes I know poor old BenJeremy is busy and has work and a private life blah blah blah but if you cant update something and follow a project through then dont start it.
Every other apps, xbmc, unleashx,dvd2xbox for example have regular builds and revisions but for some reason mxm is immune to this.
You'll get the real die hard fans say I dont care if it takes forever I'll wait until its right to release, well your right you will be waiting forever.

#7 SupaDawg

SupaDawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:20 PM

mxm does what I need it to do... thats it. I dont need anything new.

mxm doesnt crash on me, its fast, reliable and does everything i need it to do.

its the dash that goes on every box I mod.

UnleashX is nice, but if you're happy with the current mxm just use what you have, its not worth the change.

I do agree with one thing.... BJ needs to follow thru with what he's started, or better yet, make it a sourceforge project so the community helps in the effort.

#8 thetruethugg

thetruethugg

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 02:57 PM

Well, MXM is open source, so if anyone wants to contribute, they can very easily. Doesn't have to be at sourceforge for it be open source you know (although, it does make it easier for the community to aid in development, but that's besides the point)..

But you're right, MXM does what I need it to do (granted, I get to use the WIP builds so my shit is better than the last public release). As for unleashx, it's not really stable for me, that and ava freeze like water in the mother fucking arctic.

And rod, you're an asshole, must like that storm of rods in your anus.

Edited by thetruethugg, 30 November 2004 - 02:57 PM.

#9 Rodstorm

Rodstorm

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 11:01 PM

Yes MXM is stable, cumbersome at times with having to reboot for a menu cache change, but apart from that its ok but getting dated.
UnleashX has never been a problem and has more standard features and is updated constantly so its always improving.
MXM is using last years data without improvement, imagine if all apps only got updated once every 12 to 18 monthes?
It would all be a bit backwards dont you think?
As for being an asshole, well thats your opinion and your entittled to it.
I'am not here to abuse anyone personally as I'am above that but from time to time you come across morons who like shooting thier mouth off...the last post was a real good example of that.
Grow up mate, if you cant talk here constructively then why have a forum in the first place?
And if we did have a new version of MXM then you wouldnt have people from around the world arguing about it either would you?

#10 pelago

pelago

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (thetruethugg @ Nov 30 2004, 03:00 PM)
Well, MXM is open source, so if anyone wants to contribute, they can very easily. Doesn't have to be at sourceforge for it be open source you know (although, it does make it easier for the community to aid in development, but that's besides the point)..

The last public release may be open source, but the source has been private since then. I too think this should be put on sourceforge or something, with all the code in CVS, then maybe there's a chance for MXM.

#11 Kthulu

Kthulu

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 December 2004 - 03:05 AM

i prolly should do this, but...

rod,
i also converted to UX because i got tired of waiting for a public release. which is really weird since i have access to mxm wips (well, i did...don't know or care now). UX has everything i ever wanted in a dashboard in a very simple to use and configure manner...and there have been frequent updates. i really doubt that i will switch back to using mxm as my default dash if/when smile.gif the next public release comes out. so i do agree with your sentiments somewhat, but i think thetruethug is quite accurate in describing you as an asshole. how else would you describe someone that goes into the mxm forum and trash-talks mxm? this forum is their house. how would you describe someone that busted up in your house and started insulting you? (hopefully, you wouldn't call them your wife jester.gif ) this kind of behavior reminds me of a white man standing on a corner yelling racial slurs at all non-white people that walk by. it gives the rest of white men a bad name. isn't it enough that we can't jump or dance and that our peckers tend to be smaller jester.gif we don't need any more bad PR.

even though i doubt i will return mxm to default status, i do really look forward to the next public release. i won't use it as a dashboard, but it will be an awesome script engine on my xbox (if the booting matrix-trails, etc. are rendered optional and default to off status smile.gif )

#12 Rodstorm

Rodstorm

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 07:01 AM

All I can say is again your entittled to your opinion and me to mine.
And also again this is an open forum right, so if I cant and you cant express our open opinion then whats the point of a forum?
If I dont agree with someone or something then I should be allowed to say so, I'am not going to suck up or be quiet because "I'am in thier house".
That is a really stupid thing to say and you spent half your last post trying to make a point out of something that was really silly and irrelevant.
The gist of my posts are simple, we just want to see the new mxm dash and why do we have to wait so long for it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users