#1 bob1122

bob1122

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 03:33 AM

Ok well i wanna know something ....
i ordered the SmartXX V2.0 chip from divineo (like that matters) and am waiting for it to come in and i wanna install it right away cause i have not played halo to for like 5 days ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif aHHHH

So my question to you is when i go to smart xx website they have two tutorials for installation 1 for quick and one for lpc. And i dont know very much about modchip because i have allways thought off it as the pussy way out dry.gif and know im a pussy i guess. So whats the difference bettween just soldering it to D0 and solderin D0 and doing the lpc thingy???

Thanks Bob1122

#2 DaNi0

DaNi0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 11:29 AM

the main difference is that with pinheader it's very easy to change from modchip whilst with quicksolder it's a pain in the ass to change from modchip....

#3 MonsterTy

MonsterTy

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 November 2004 - 01:28 PM

IMO you are best to use the pinheader to install any chip.

#4 bob1122

bob1122

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 04:52 PM

i thought that the only difference was that pinheader was extra work and quick was justsoldering D0 to the mobo but pinheader was soldering d0 and putting in pinheader thingy.

P.S. does pinheader thingy come free with it?

#5 MonsterTy

MonsterTy

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 November 2004 - 07:23 PM

It's the same amount of soldering bro, and yes.. the pinheader should come with it.

#6 neotalon

neotalon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 10:16 PM

with quicksolder, you place the chip over the lpc port, and then drip solder onto the points, which actually solders the chip straight onto the motherboard. which is a pain to remove the chip since you have to remove all of the solder. but with pinheader install, you basically install a pinheader onto the lpc port, and then just put the chip onto the pinheader. which is better for if you want to change modchips, because then you just place the new modchip right on the pinheader. but no matter which one you go for, you still need to run the d0 wire.

#7 bob1122

bob1122

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 10:24 PM

i am very confused

I thought all quick solder all you did was solder the d0 point to the chip
and i thought pinheader thingy you solder d0 and you did the lpc thingy

please correct me blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

beerchug.gif

#8 Berggren

Berggren

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 11:46 PM

So I will correct you cool.gif
It is just as NEOTALON says, nothing more nothing less.

#9 SigTom

SigTom

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 November 2004 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (bob1122 @ Nov 20 2004, 04:27 PM)
i am very confused

I thought all quick solder all you did was solder the d0 point to the chip
and i thought pinheader thingy you solder d0 and you did the lpc thingy

please correct me blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

beerchug.gif

Look closer at the pics of the quicksolder, you will see that not only do you solder a wire from d0 on the mobo to the d0 point on the chip, you also have to solder about 8 or 9 points from the LPC to the chip...there is a part of the chip thats cut out, it lays over the LPC and you solder the LPC to the chip. Quicksolder is only best used on 1.0 version XBox that have the LPC points soldered in from the factory, most XBoxes you buy today will have the LPC points clear and empty, so to use the Quicksolder method you have to first fill in the LPC holes, the solder the chip to the mobo. Like I said, best used on 1.0 XBoxes, it at all.

Youll want to solder in the pin headers that come with your chip, then solder a wire from d0 on the mobo to your chip, install and enjoy.

#10 bob1122

bob1122

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 03:47 AM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok i think i understand
the quick one just solders the smartxx to the lpc direct and does d0 and never touches pinheader thingy

and other one puts pinheader thingy in and then connect to pinheader thingy then solder d0

and there no difference between them

so i guess if i dont wanna solder much i should do the pin header thingy right?

p.s. i have solder between my lpc place holes like in the pics is that normal? so i just shove the lpc header thing in there with a hammer?

Edited by bob1122, 21 November 2004 - 03:57 AM.

#11 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 07:57 AM

Think of this... if you have a defective chip, it will be uch more difficult to remove after quick solder than with a pinheader. wink.gif

#12 dmfbm

dmfbm

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 07:42 PM

no hammer, use the iron to remove the solder and then put the pin header in and then solder it back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users