#1 The_Xenocide

The_Xenocide

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 November 2004 - 03:44 AM

hey i have my chip installed and i have everythign working, but i was just thinking about how when you hit the eject button its supposed to start up without the chip on, but when i start it up with the eject button and put a game in it gives me the error 13... (i think) why would this be happening? is there soemthign i have to solder for this to work? the install instructions didnt have anything in it so i figured that it was done automatically. thanks

#2 MonsterTy

MonsterTy

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 November 2004 - 01:24 PM

We need a little more info about your XBox. Specifically, did you upgrade the hard drive? If so, did you remember to lock it (if it is lockable) befre attempting to boot from the orginal bios? The original bios will not boot unless thet XBox hard drive is locked.

#3 The_Xenocide

The_Xenocide

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 November 2004 - 12:52 AM

no i didnt lock it, i guess that is it, also no i didnt upgrade my HD yet, im waiting to see if a way to still get on XBL with a bigger HD comes around or not

#4 SigTom

SigTom

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 November 2004 - 01:17 AM

That error has nothing to do with locking. From the tut "Xbox Error Codes Explained" @ http://tutorials.xbox-scene.com Under Other Tutorials.

"13 - kernel - Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed."

Theres some kinda issue with your dashboard...whats on your C:\? Did you erase anything off that? Did you ever get on live with that XBox before you modded it? Did you use an auto installer like Slayers or Xdisk?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users