• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thepeopleschoice

thepeopleschoice

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 03:46 AM

i read the avalaunch manual from top to bottom.

here's my setup:

V1. 0 xbox
X3 chip
X3 1957 Live bios
stock hard drive

here's what i did:

(i didnt edit my xml because i have been told by many people that its not something i HAVE to do.)

1. changed my avalaunch.xbe to evoxdash.xbe
2. FTPed over all my files/folders for avalaunch to my C partition on my drive
3. restarted my xbox

Flubber animation with x logo (x3 rox my box) followed by the bios screen shows, just like normal, except avalaunch doesnt load.

please help...ive had so many problems lately...shorted chip, returned messed up crossover cable, finally able to ftp in and now this. my quest to have a modded xbox working has been riddled with problems from the start, hopefully this will be the last of my problems for a while.

thanks.

Edited by thepeopleschoice, 21 November 2004 - 05:03 PM.

#2 thepeopleschoice

thepeopleschoice

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 03:56 PM

bump

[EDIT] I also have my x3 to boot dash from c partition and to set the boot priority to evoxdash.xbe (what i renamed avalaunch.xbe to) and still nothing happens.

I have however come across two possible solutions,

1. I need to delete the evoxdash.xbe (the one I renamed) off my hard drive and use avalaunch.xbe (i renamed because i was told that avalaunch wouldnt be in the priority list, but as I found out, it is)

2. I need to try and put it on another partition, I hear a lot of people say their problems are solved when they put ava on F for example, and set dashboard boot path to F partition.

So...I will try both of these and see if it works, if not, expect to hear back from me.

Edited by thepeopleschoice, 22 November 2004 - 04:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users