Photo

Playing Burned Games W/ A Mod Chip General Quest.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ramza

Ramza

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 04:19 AM

Okay so I want a backup of a game incase my original game brakes, or stops being read by the Xbox. Now, what if my original game broke, but I didn't have a copy already- can I rent the game from Blockbuster and make a copy of it and play that copy? I don't see why it wouldn't be legal, since I DO own a copy of the original game.

My second question is if it's possible to even burn a rented game, like, does Blockbuster add encryptions of some sort to prevent people doing this exact thing? Thanks!

#2 theinsanitytest

theinsanitytest

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 November 2004 - 04:58 AM

[QUOTE]Okay so I want a backup of a game incase my original game brakes, or stops being read by the Xbox. Now, what if my original game broke, but I didn't have a copy already- can I rent the game from Blockbuster and make a copy of it and play that copy? I don't see why it wouldn't be legal, since I DO own a copy of the original game.
[/QUOTE]
well. if this were to happen i don't think there will be SWAT teams busting down ur doors any time soon.
LOL.

[/QUOTE]My second question is if it's possible to even burn a rented game, like, does Blockbuster add encryptions of some sort to prevent people doing this exact thing? Thanks! [QUOTE]
Pah. like blockbuster would wate there time wit that. it is more along the lines of ur xbox encryting it self from u being able to do this. (not litteraly)

#3 Ramza

Ramza

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 07:03 AM

Well I don't want to invest $60 into a solderless mod chip then find out that I wont even be able to burn the game... :|

#4 blink182fan

blink182fan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 07:11 AM

theinsanitytest dont bite his head of he is a newbie cut him sum slack grr.gif

#5 Ramza

Ramza

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 07:28 AM

So I'll be able to do it then no problem?

#6 Ramza

Ramza

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 07:29 AM

So I'll be able to do it then no problem? Oh and what kind of DVD do I need? DVD-/+R, DVD-VoD or thoes crazy expensive $5 ones?

#7 wschanks

wschanks

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 21 November 2004 - 07:48 AM

Yes, you will be able to do it.

I have had the best luck with Memorex DVD-R. I have yet to see that media fail in my XBox.

But before you spend $60 on a chip, go take a spelling class! wink.gif

Edited by wschanks, 21 November 2004 - 07:49 AM.

#8 Ramza

Ramza

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 08:35 AM

My bad.... those*... tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users