Sporadic Frags When Booting X2.2 Lite Plus

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jester2000

jester2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Unicycling, Filmmaking, Soccer, and many more!

Posted 21 November 2004 - 08:58 AM

Okay, so I've had my xbox modded for over a year and it has worked well for most of it.

I have an Xecuter 2.2 Lite Plus modchip/ Xecuter2 4977 bios/ 120 gig maxtor/ unleashX currently.

In the past few months, when I turn on my xbox with the modchip switch enabled, I get a green light for about a second. Then the box shuts off, waits a second, and trys to start back up again. Then it waits a second, and shuts off (this seems to be a never-ending cycle). I have to flip the switch to disable, then the xbox starts up normally. I then can shut it off.

What sometimes remedies the problem is to put the switch in disable, and just load the normal ms xbox. Then put in a dvd, let it play for awhile. Next, it frequently will boot up fine with the switch enabled mode. I always know cause I have an orange light when I'm using the moddchip. This "playing dvd fix" doesn't always work, and it problably is just coincidence when it does. I don't think my switch is bad, and I don't think my chip's pogo pins are slightly out of aline...so what is it? I'm not moving my xbox around, so it's not getting bumped in between days where it will work, and times when it doesn't.

Please help me!

Note: I suppose this isn't a "frag" as I said in the topic. I realized that a normal frag has a red light that goes on and off. What would you call this then?

Thanks,

Jess

#2 jester2000

jester2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 05:36 PM

Bumpity bump

#3 Xmaster99

Xmaster99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:XboX pc if not xbox then wat am i doin here? ?? ??
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 21 November 2004 - 05:55 PM

maybe ur chip is not alligned good, maybe it got moved so i suggest u check it

#4 philoushka

philoushka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:42 AM

I am experiencing the EXACT same thing! It started happening about a month ago, and it is sporadic. It just works some times, and not others. Funny thing is, that if I turn my Xbox on its side, it works!

I have now taken it apart, and now it won't boot with the chip enabled at all (no matter what physical position the xbox is placed).

It all started when I packed up the xbox to take to a friend's place. Maybe a connection was loosened, I don't know. But I'll take out the soldering iron and ensure all pogo pins are soldered correctly.

v1.3
2.3b Lite

#5 jester2000

jester2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:12 AM

I am experiencing the EXACT same thing! It started happening about a month ago, and it is sporadic. It just works some times, and not others. Funny thing is, that if I turn my Xbox on its side, it works!  ...Maybe a connection was loosened...

Yeah, I think that our problem probably has to do with the connection. That's what others have told me as well.

I'm going to take apart my box and check the connections of my modchip as soon as I get Thanksgiving break (in 2 days biggrin.gif )

My chip is solderless, so I would think it would have a better chance of getting slightly out of line compared to your soldered one..

Later,

Jess

#6 philoushka

philoushka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 04:29 AM

True enough. Broke out the mobo, and found that a single pogo pin was loose. That'd do it. Broke out the soldering iron, got it back solid in its hole, and no problems. Booting flawlessly now.

I am sure it'll be the same for you, if not, post back and we'll see what we can do.

#7 trentdadi

trentdadi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 08:20 AM

Yeah and most likely if you fixed this problem, it will just do the same thing all over again later because that is the problem with these solderless chips. My last solderless install has been going pretty good but that is because I stripped the whole on purpose then rethreaded it with some strong ass epoxy. The chip is in the incredibally tight and shouldnt move. The LPC holes were filled with solder so I pushed the chip down onto the motherboard so that its almost sitting flush with the motherboard then screwd it in. When I let go, the chip came up a lil bit I dont think it will be coming out soon. I myself have a 2.3b solder and it hasnt ever given me any problems what so ever, very happy with it atm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users