• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 GoldFishVomit

GoldFishVomit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 01:56 AM

anyone knowif Robotpig.com's Aladdin chips are pre-flashed and if so with what bios? ive searched on their site and cant find any info on it, and ive emailed them with no response, so i was wondering if anyone who bought from them might know if about this, and if they are a reliable site to get from.

thanks

#2 GoldFishVomit

GoldFishVomit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 02:58 AM

nvm i just recieved an email from them saying that it does come pre-flashed.

sorry for the waste of post. feel free to delete it lol.

#3 Dave_Dean

Dave_Dean

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:31 PM

Hi
I just ordered one from them as well .
What BIOS do they give ? is it the latest one ?
How can I get an update or try different ones ?

Thanks !

#4 Evil Ryu

Evil Ryu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 05:52 PM

I'm pretty sure they come pre-flashed with the Evox_M8_16 bios. If you're installing these into a v1.6 xbox, you should be fine. Otherwise, if it's an older xbox, you will want to re-flash the chip with a different bios (Evox_M8) that is suitable for the older version xboxes right after you first boot up the xbox as the _16 bios is apparently known to cause some sort of long-term problems if it's used with the older xboxes.

#5 GoldFishVomit

GoldFishVomit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:22 PM

this is the email they sent me

Hi,
yes all chips come pre-flashed with EVOX M8_6 and will work in v1 - v1.6 machines. Once installed in your v1 machine I do recommend reflashing it with a more suitable bios. Anyh questions just let me know, thanks.

Jolon

so their site is a reliable one to buy from?
im still trying to get my damn paypal to work right lol.

#6 Evil Ryu

Evil Ryu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:28 PM

Yup,... Jolon is a great guy to deal with. I would highly recommend him.

#7 ckh2004

ckh2004

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 12:04 AM

Yes, Jolon is a great guy. I ordered many Aladdin XT Lite chips from him before. I just ordered 30 pieces for my third order. I received my first two orders within 3-4 days of being shipped. So far all the 30 Aladdin XT Lites from the first two orders worked perfectly, all flashable and no bad chip. These Aladdin XT Lite chips turn on and off reliably in v1.6. For the third order, I will get -A SST based chips.

I have never dealt with a more responsive and hard working seller than Jolon. He patiently responded to all your email enquiries with hours, whether it is day or night - simply amazing! His prices are very competitive.

I am very fussy and made him test some chips before I ordered. He obliged me smile.gif He carries Aladdin XT Lite and Aladdin XT Pro.

#8 thedustycelt

thedustycelt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 November 2004 - 12:08 AM

Robot pig has great chips and great prices!

The only problem I have seen is the 1.0 diagram on the page is for the aladin xt is wrong...

#9 ckh2004

ckh2004

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:13 AM

Blame it on Xenochip for producing the most crappy and useless install diagrams and manuals. I normally use the Aladdin Live/ Super Live install diagrams.

For v1.0-1.1, connect BT to the right of R3G3 and L1 to the left of R2G10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users