• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jmdma808

jmdma808

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:05 AM

i have x3 and avalaunch. i read the avalaunch manual on ftping to my xbox, no help. i read mr. robinsons tutorial on ftping to xbox, no help. and i also read countless threads on ftping to no avail. i have a router and a net extender wireless adabpter plugged into the router and then to my xbox so my xbox is connected wireless but direct to the router. i kept reading about editing the avalaunch.xml file but when i go to file manager in avalaunch it wont let me open the file or edit it. if i go to settings i cant edit anything there either. the x3 start up gives me the option to change shit but i dont know if i should screw with it. i have flashfxp, i know how to change the network settings on my pc, but i just cant get it online with my xbox. i need help. sad.gif

#2 Mr. Tom

Mr. Tom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:10 AM

Well to start, how much do you know about networking?

Do you know what IP your computer is using on the network and what IP the xbox is using?

#3 jmdma808

jmdma808

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:24 AM

my ip address is 66.8.210.241 for my pc

the static ip for my xbox is 192.168.1.121 not sure if that is correct because there
looks to be another ip address in the bottom left hand corner of the avalaunch
dash screen that is 192.168.0.103

i dont know too much about networking but i did manage to get two computers set up wirelessly on one router.

#4 Mr. Tom

Mr. Tom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:44 AM

your PC's IP sounds like its external IP, and if the xbox is showing 192.168.0.103
in avalaunch, then thats your xbox's IP.

What you need to do is find out what IP your computer is using on the network, and then either change the xbox IP or the computer's IP to match.

so if the xbox's IP is 192.168.0.103, then your computer's IP should be 192.168.0.100 or something similar.

What OS are you running on your computer?

#5 volcom

volcom

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 November 2004 - 12:56 PM

You need to change the ip address from your pc in order to be similar with your xbox...go to the network connectios then right click to local connections...go to the (tcp/ip) and click properties...and click where it says about "use the following ip address. Give similar ip address like your xbox as Mr Tom said.

#6 jmdma808

jmdma808

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 11:23 PM

im running windows xp home edition. can i make my pc's ip address exactly
the same as my xbox's ip address? and what do i input into what areas in
flashfxp after i change the ip address? thanks for helping and being patient.

#7 Mr. Tom

Mr. Tom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (jmdma808 @ Nov 23 2004, 12:26 AM)
im running windows xp home edition. can i make my pc's ip address exactly
the same as my xbox's ip address? and what do i input into what areas in
flashfxp after i change the ip address? thanks for helping and being patient.

Start by opening up the control panel:
user posted image

OR in classic view:
user posted image

From there, open up the network connections:
user posted image
user posted image
OR, in classic view:

user posted image

Find the network connection for your network card. There could be more than one, so you have to know witch one you are going to be using:
user posted image

Once you get to the properties, scroll down to the "internet protocol TCP/IP" and hit properties:
user posted image

Put in an IP address similar to this one, if it gives you an error about the IP address is already in use, then just start couning up or down, so if 192.168.0.100 is in use, try 192.168.0.99 or 192.168.0.101:
user posted image

After clicking OK to save your settings, open up FlashFXP and go to the Quick connect screen, either by clicking the button or pushing F8:
user posted image

When the Quick connect dialog is open, put in the IP of your xbox, as well as the username xbox and password xbox:
user posted image

I hope that helped.

Edited by Mr. Tom, 23 November 2004 - 09:50 AM.

#8 boundless

boundless

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 05:38 PM

Wow... I didn't even write this post and I wanted to thank you for that info..

You really took to the time to do that for this person.. Great help in the site is always available....

Good Job... Mr.Tom

#9 volcom

volcom

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:03 PM

Nice tutorial Mr.Tom biggrin.gif

#10 umainebearman

umainebearman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 12:29 AM

Yeah no shit!!!! Mr. Tom is the shit! I've been looking for that tiny bit of info (change your computers IP) for hours now. My xbox was where I wanted to be and Mr. Tom was my compass. Now I just need to decide what I wanna do now that I'm there.

#11 umainebearman

umainebearman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 12:30 AM

Yeah no shit!!!! Mr. Tom is the shit! I've been looking for that tiny bit of info (change your computers IP) for hours now. My xbox was where I wanted to be and Mr. Tom was my compass. Now I just need to decide what I wanna do now that I'm there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users