• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sbgirling

sbgirling

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 01:42 AM

I'm having problems with my Xecuter 3 mod with my Xbox 1.0. A friend of mine did the soldering and since it was a 1.0 we needed to remove the solder from the pin header. We've checked all the solder points and the lpc MANY times but are baffled. Symptoms below.

After checking all te solder points and putting it back together (minus the drives if that matters) the system boots to the blue bios screen just fine and shows all the options for flashing the bios, locking the HD etc. We then turn it off and then on again with a short press and that is when the problems begin. The Xbox starts up and stops and starts up and stops again and then frags. Sometimes the light is yellow both solid and flashing around the eject button. This is usually associated with the system fan kicking on full speed.

It seems really strange that the first time we put it back together it seems to be fine but after that we have issues. Could this be heat related? Not really sure what to due at this point.

We have never been able to do the 1 second press and boot to the normal Xbox screens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 DotHacker

DotHacker

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Interests:xbox and paintball mostly but other stuff i guess
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 November 2004 - 03:27 AM

u got lucky buddy i dont even get the bios screen on my 1.0

my fan whoops major ass for some reason its like a damn torando i dont know i need help 2 sad.gif

#3 Odb718

Odb718

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:16 AM

I had this happen on a 1.6 xbox because one of the pin headers wouldn't stay in place. I have a question for you. If thats the case, put the X3 on the pin header and push the pin up from the other side. then solder it in place. Should do the job.
Why wouldnt you do the wire install on a 1.0? It makes it like 1,000,000 times easier. huh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users