• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ju5t H3R3

Ju5t H3R3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 06:11 AM

After reading several post/Tutorials it seems that everyone has different ways of getting game hacks to work. I sat down one evening and after trying several different ones from unzip, ftp with a modded-xbox, to rename one file to TDATA, I finally got it figured out but it wasnít because I found a plain English guide. So for anyone who wants a plain ENGLISH guide to getting Splinter Cell Exploit to load on a virgin xbox without a modded xbox here it is.

Step 1. Get the following software:

splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc.zip for NTSC or PAL version for PAL
The best place is from the ďusual placesĒ just read this tutorial http://www.xbox-scen...icles/xbins.php

Action Replay Software I found it here http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=44&t=79198

WinRAR http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Step 2. Make a usb xbox controller (basically add usb cable end to your xbox controller)
http://www.xbox-scen...xbox-to-usb.php
red wire to red wire
black wire to black wire
white wire to white wire
green wire to green wire
leave the yellow wire alone

Step 3. Install Action Replay software on a windows XP computer with usb ports
(I used the latest version and had no problems although some forums said use the 1.05 version of the software. Either version worked fine for me)

Step 4. Connect the xbox controller with a M$ XBOX Memory Card (I used M$ card because people are getting error 21 with off brand cards) in the B slot on the controller(the bottom slot). Windows XP pop up saying found new hardware this is the controller(which I didnít find any drivers for so I just when through the wizard and let it go you can find the controller drivers so that it will be a game pad for the computer but I didnít care about that I just needed as a card reader for Action Replay).Donít worry about it not finding the right drivers you donít need them for the controller unless you want to use it as a game pad(you can find that in another tutorial, itís out of the scope for this one). Next another new hardware found wizard will pop up this one is important, Do the advance search for drivers and point it to your X:\Program Files\Datel\ActionReplay Xbox\Drivers (X:\ being the drive you installed Action Replay on example: C:\Program Files\Datel\ActionReplay Xbox\Drivers) this is the driver for the M$ memory card. Let it install and now you have a memory card that Action Replay can see and read/write to. Leave it connected to your pc for now.

Step 5. install WinRAR, then un rar the splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc.zip (basically right click on that file(splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc.zip) after installing WinRAR and left click Extract to splinter_cell_exploit/ in the menu. This will put a folder named splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc in the same location as you zipped version of the file.

Step 6. Open the splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc folder and you will see a folder UDATA open it and you will see two folders: 5553000c and 21585554. Right click on 21585554 and select cut from the menu, move that folder to a different folder than splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc. I just created another folder in the directory that splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc is in but named it splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc2.(to create a folder right click in the directory can select new folder then name it splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc2) Open that folder up(splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc2) and create a folder in it called UDATA (all Caps) open up that folder and paste 21585554 in it(control + v or right click in folder and select paste) now the file is moved. Now back up to the splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc2 folder you will see UDATA folder right click on that folder and select add to archive using WinRAR, select zip in wizard window and name it UDATA2.zip. Now open up splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc folder and do the same thing to UDATA folder (right click on that folder and select add to archive using WinRAR, select zip in wizard window and name it UDATA.zip). Ok take a breath the hard part is over if there was one.

Step 7. Open Action Replay, you should have three panes/frames up memory card/pc database/codejunkies. Drag UDATA.zip to the memory card frame wait for a folder Linux Installer to show up, then drag UDATA2.zip to memory card frame and Splinter Cell folder will show up. Now you should have Linux Installer and Splinter Cell folders on your memory card. Unplug the controller and place it in the xbox.

Step 8. Turn on the xbox without any game/cd/dvd in the drive, when msdashboard goes to screen with memory, setting, blah, blah scroll to Memory first check your hard drive to make sure you donít have any splinter cell games saved if you do back them up to another memory card or delete them.(for this to work you can only have the linux installer and splinter cell file on the hard drive).

Step 9. Go back(b button once) to memory after checking and deleting files from harddrive and at the screen with hard drive displayed right dpad to memory unit B1, scroll down to Linux Installer right dpad to the smaller white and pink swirl icon then a button to select then copy.(this copies the file to the hard drive). Now scroll to Splinter Cell right dpad to smaller white and pink swirl icon then a button to select then copy. (this copies that file to the hard drive) exit out back to the memory, setting, music, blah screen.

Step 10. Open DVD drive insert Splinter Cell Game into drive(this must be the original game, not a copy or platinum edition) once into the game goto start game, load linux profile press a button, then leave it highlighted on profiles and press start button or a button. Thatís it you should get a screen flicker and then you have Evolution X on the screen. Thatís as far as this tutorial will go check out the others for what you can do once you get here.

I hope this clears things up for people having problems with getting SC exploit to work. Iím not going to take credit for coming up with this by any means itís what I came up with after several tries with other tutorials that skip around a little.

Brought to you by: Ju5t H3R3 (Circle of brains member)

I human so if you see a mistake let me know... But I've confirmed the exploit

#2 antiartist

antiartist

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(Ju5t H3R3 @ Nov 23 2004, 10:11 PM) View Post

Step 6. Open the splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc folder and you will see a folder UDATA open it and you will see two folders: 5553000c and 21585554. Right click on 21585554 and select cut from the menu, move that folder to a different folder than splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc. I just created another folder in the directory that splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc is in but named it splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc2.(to create a folder right click in the directory can select new folder then name it splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc2) Open that folder up(splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc2) and create a folder in it called UDATA (all Caps) open up that folder and paste 21585554 in it(control + v or right click in folder and select paste) now the file is moved. Now back up to the splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc2 folder you will see UDATA folder right click on that folder and select add to archive using WinRAR, select zip in wizard window and name it UDATA2.zip. Now open up splinter_cell_exploit-ntsc folder and do the same thing to UDATA folder (right click on that folder and select add to archive using WinRAR, select zip in wizard window and name it UDATA.zip). Ok take a breath the hard part is over if there was one.

Hello!

First of all, thanks for this post. It's handy to have instructions that are listed in step-by-step format in one place.

I'm finding step 6 a little confusing to follow. When step 6 is finished, what folders are supposed to be inside of UDATA.zip and UDATA2.zip?

Thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users