7 replies to this topic

#1 kafou33

kafou33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 01:25 PM

Hi,

I want to replace my evox dashboard with XBMC. I want to disable the auto-launch game function so I can ftp with my pc without having to do some change in my XBMC each time. So I want a Start Game button like in my evox screen. I do some search but don't find a clear answer. I try the scan function in my program folder but when I do that if I have a game in my dvd-rom, XBMC scan don't find my game and the DVD-rom folder disapear from the list of drive. I have the XBMC 1.1.0 2004-10-17 with Mayhem 1 skin. Is the Mayhem 2 skin will help me. If so, I see on their website that I have to upgrade to XBMC 1.1.0 2004-11-21. I can't find this release of XBMC, it don't seem to exist. Is it a mistake on their website.

Thanks
Kafou

#2 Dasgooch

Dasgooch

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 November 2004 - 03:17 PM

Read the online manual at www.xboxmediacenter.de and it will explain everything about setting XBMC as a dash and also defining your games shortcuts. Here are a couple of hints to get you started.

My Programs Usage
Set a default path for your my programs like this
<default>F:\Games</default>

By setting this it will auto sort your Xbox games in f:\games directory but you can set it to sort anything you want.

In this picture you will also see that they show examples of different links on the left navigation like games, emulators and DVD
user posted image

You can add links to anything you want using code similar to this in your xboxmediacenter.xml file

<bookmark>
  <name>Apps</name>
  <path>F:\Apps</path>
  <depth>1</depth>
</bookmark>

Read the manual and you will find all the information you are looking for.

#3 kafou33

kafou33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 03:50 PM

Thanks Dasgooch,

I read the link you talk about on your post and I had already read it last night. I think that my mistake is to enable the scan function on My program setting. But my trouble is that with the scan disable, I don't have the icons of my apps in the screen and if I disable the auto-launch game function the only way for me to start the game was to go on My file menu, on DVD-rom and select default.xbe to start the game. On my program menu if a select DVD-rom in the left menu, my game don't appear in the screen. I will try some more thing tonight, maybe I have made a mistake.

Thanks
Kafou

#4 Dasgooch

Dasgooch

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 November 2004 - 08:05 PM

In the tag where it says

<depth>1</depth>

Set that to 2 instead of 1. That is more than likely why its not displaying your games or other apps. With the depth set to 1 it will only scan for default.xbe for example if you have it set to look in f:\games it will not find anything located in f:\games\halo because that is 2 directories deep. So adjust the depth accordingly to your situation for your file structure.

#5 RocafellaSqualie

RocafellaSqualie

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 November 2004 - 08:19 PM

Here's another link for setting up XBMC as a dashboard
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=220144

For disabling auto-launch of your DVD-ROM, it's located in settings -> general -> autorun

Make sure you delete the myprogams.db, mymusic.db, & myvideos.db then restart XBMC. After you go to My Programs, then your games section, it will scan for default.xbes through your game directory. It's almost like a refresh of your stuff.

About the game directory setup, here's what I have in my xboxmediacenter.xml which finds all of my games set like this (example): F:\Games\Auto Modellista

<myprograms>
        <default>F:\Games</default>
        <bookmark>
            <name>Games</name>
            <path>F:\Games</path>
            <depth>1</depth>
        </bookmark>
        <bookmark>
            <name>Emulators</name>
            <path>E:\Emulators</path>
            <depth>1</depth>
        </bookmark>
        <bookmark>
            <name>Applications</name>
            <path>F:\Apps</path>
            <depth>1</depth>
        </bookmark>
        <bookmark>
            <name>Dashboards</name>
            <path>F:\Dashboards,C:\xboxdash.xbe</path>
            <depth>1</depth>
        </bookmark>
        <bookmark>
            <name>DVD Game</name>
            <path>D:\default.xbe</path>
            <depth>1</depth>
        </bookmark>
    </myprograms>

After doing all of that, here's the outcome of the setup:
user posted image

Hope I explained this well enough (very tired at the moment) smile.gif

Edited by RocafellaSqualie, 24 November 2004 - 08:30 PM.

#6 kafou33

kafou33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 01:29 PM

Hi,

Ok, so now I know how to setup my xbmc.xml to have my games and my apps icon when I launch XBMC but I have one last bug. I disable the auto-launch game but I can't see the default.xbe and I can't start a game when I press DVD-rom when I'm on My Program. Is it normal? The only way I can start a game when I'm in XBMC is to go on My Files, select DVD-rom and select default.xbe. Is it an other way. Of course i know that I can start the game if I reboot.

Thanks

Kafou

#7 RocafellaSqualie

RocafellaSqualie

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 November 2004 - 01:58 PM

Enter this into your xboxmediacenter.xml under the <myprograms> section:

<bookmark>
<name>DVD Game</name>
<depth>1</depth>
</bookmark>

You can now select this & when you do, it will search for the default.xbe on the DVD. No more need to use the filemanager to launch the game.

#8 kafou33

kafou33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (RocafellaSqualie @ Nov 25 2004, 03:01 PM)
Enter this into your xboxmediacenter.xml under the <myprograms> section:

<bookmark>
<name>DVD Game</name>
<depth>1</depth>
</bookmark>

You can now select this & when you do, it will search for the default.xbe on the DVD. No more need to use the filemanager to launch the game.

Thanks RocafellaSqualie,

I don't know why I don't think to this by myself, it's pretty easy huh.gif . Just one click and the game start.

Thanks
Kafou

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users