#1 xrnoff

xrnoff

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:shaving little animals, snowboarding
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 24 November 2004 - 09:54 PM

A couple of questions, my esteemed mod dojos...

I'm on the verge of getting either the Xecuter3 or Xevium chip mods. Since I have a 1.6b xbox the BIOS I need with the Xecuter3 is 3.0.3. If the chip comes pre-flashed with an earlier version of the bios, should I bother putting it in? I mean, will I be able to boot up my xbox and flash it with a new version? or do I need to figure out how to pre-flash the bios with 3.0.3 before installing the chip?

As for the Xevium OS, I see a ? on the mod chip chart as to whether it will work with 1.6b. Anyone have success with Xevium on 1.6b? And same as above, do I need to somehow flash it with the latest version prior to installing the chip?

#2 TB2ZI

TB2ZI

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 November 2004 - 09:56 PM

Is this possibly your thread? dry.gif

#3 xrnoff

xrnoff

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:shaving little animals, snowboarding
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 25 November 2004 - 01:12 AM

Nope, first time poster. That thread does answer one of my questions though. It seems as though FlashBIOS 3.0.3 would need to be flashed onto the chip before installing the mod on a 1.6b box. Good to know. Whether a retailer has ones with that version or is willing to flash that version onto the chip seems to be unclear.

Still curious about the Xevium OS, if that'll work on 1.6b as received from a retailer. Anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users