1 reply to this topic

#1 DrUnne

DrUnne

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 08:46 AM

Ok this is getting really irritating. I need someone to give me some advice.

90% of the time when I try to turn on my xbox, it frags green. The other 9.5% it turns on for just a fraction of a second and then shuts off, with no fragging. The other 0.5% of the time it loads properly into the slayers evox dashboard.

What the heck is going on here? Today to get it working, I unplugged all the cords, and plugged everything back in, and it started to work. I really don't know what else to try next. I thought maybe it's an IDE cable error or it's damaged, but I don't have another cable to use that is the proper length. Other than a hardware error in that sense, what else could be my problem? I'm pretty sure it's not the chip, because it does load properly occasionally, and when it doesn't load, it DOES NOT frag red or orange. And like I said it does load sometimes, so I doubt it's a bios error, or maybe it is? I don't know.

Any troubleshooting ideas or steps would be greatly appreciated. Please help me!!

#2 bleugh

bleugh

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts
  • Interests:tinkering..........and flogging stuff on ebay<br>
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 25 November 2004 - 10:11 AM

what happened before it fragged?,

some history?

I tried helping one bloke by PM a few weeks back, the a#hole only admitted after about 5 lengthy messages that his cat jumped on it and knocked a flower vase over, spilling water in, but that wasnt a problem as it was off at the time grr.gif , of course, he should have left it off for a few days in a warm cupboard to dry totally

bloody yanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users