4 replies to this topic

#1 iceman4208

iceman4208

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 12:04 AM

Just got a new XBIT 1.5 in today, and there are not instruction on how to install it. I have installed an older xbit with success. I am not sure if I need to use that special DVD power cable that has the Y connecter that leads to XBIT chip. I have version 1 xbox. Is that cable needed or do i just use the original?

#2 Sexy Jeep

Sexy Jeep

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 01:27 AM

Hi, I just ordered in an X-B.I.T V1.5 about 4 weeks ago and had a hell of a time getting it to work, but it does work (which is the most important part, lol).

You will not need to use that extra DVD cable that came with the chip. Install the chip just as you did with your older X-B.I.T. The only time you will need that extra DVD cable is if you’re installing the chip on an Xbox_V1.5. The 1.5's don't have a sufficient "ground" and thus need that extra cable which feed's an extra power & ground wire to the chip. Since you are installing it on a V1.0, you will not need this cable.

Jeepy

#3 iceman4208

iceman4208

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 07:32 AM

thanks for the help, got it working! biggrin.gif

#4 sphighend

sphighend

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 12:20 AM

Hi, I am about to do a 1.5chip into a 1.0 xbox mod and was curious what you 2 did anything different then the installation with a 1.0 chip. Ive done several of those types of installs with very little complication.

Any suggestions or tips would be great smile.gif
Thanks.

#5 sphighend

sphighend

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 12:21 AM

Please exuse my aweful grammer. I have been up for about 30 hours now working on a seperate project...I am rather sleep deprived smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users