fathom7411

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 November 2004 - 06:17 AM

Anyone know how to do some massive tuning for this game. ive been playing a civic running 19-21 sec on drags this is insane. anyone have any tips please let me know. thanks in advance

#2 fathom7411

fathom7411

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:49 AM

anyone at least know of what the best way to get drag times down been messing with the tuning for days now and just cant seem to get my drag times down by much. i always seem to smoke people off the line but anywhere for 4-5 gear they have either caught up to me or already smoked my ass. any tips are still appreciated.

#3 Draeconix

Draeconix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 02:01 PM

Ok, first, SHIFT, SHIFT, SHIFT!!! If you get perfect shifts every time you are to shift you should do extremely well. Second, assuming you can shift try setting your settings to this:

Suspension: Set all to the left.
Drivetrain: Set for Max Acceleration
Aerodynamics: Set for Max Downforce
Tires & Brakes: Set both to strong and the brakes to whatever you want.
Nitrous: Set for maximum Duration.

Now this is the part where I could use a little help myself. I left my ECU and Turbo settings at default because I found that if I started messing with them I would blow my engine on long drage tracks. These settings work for me though I am using a 240 SX with about 3/4 of the performance upgrades or my alternate a 3000 GT with the same upgrades. The 3000 GT seems to work better for the longer races.

I can't say for sure that these settings will get you what you need but they seem to do well for me. However if anyone else out there knows a bit more aobut using the Dyno and tunning cars in NFSU2 I would love to learn more.

#4 mumu

mumu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:54 PM

try tuning the ecu...especially the turbo near the right end of the spectrum, this will increase your top speed.

BTW im totally confused about what the rep pionts (and the piont system overall) do and how to gain them.
any help?

#5 kenji urban

kenji urban

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 10:29 PM

Tuning
Every time i want to tune a car, i go to the dyno, and run it once BEFORE i start messing with the settings, that way, you can see if there is any improvement becuase of the "first run" "previous run" and "current run" graph after each dyno.

with the ECU, Turbo and NOS; the ECU, i push it so the blue bars for rpm 3-8 are at max available, with 0-2 as low as possible, because you wont need power down in the low rev range.
The same goes for the turbo, take it right down as low as it goes for 0-2, and distribute the bars so that rpm 3-8 are maxed. For NOS i leave it on the most power setting as there aren't really that many long staights in most races (except outruns)

after you mess with the settings, go and dyno the car and match the result to your previous or first run stats. before tuning the settings in the Dyno for my IS 200, it registered 280kw/300km, and after the ECU and TURBO tuning, it registered 292kw/309km. a small increase in power and top speed at no extra cost.

it also helps to have the car as low as possible, and strong sway bars front and rear.

Kenjis $2 tuning guide.
smile.gif

p.s. does everyone know by winning Outruns you get Unique parts for free?
something like 3 wins, then 5 wins...

#6 kenji urban

kenji urban

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 10:29 PM

double post...

Edited by kenji urban, 30 November 2004 - 10:44 PM.

#7 fireburster

fireburster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:19 AM

Im using the 240sx myself and i blow the engine alot in the drag. What ive done is try to raise my max power rpm since its only got 5 gears. I have max power at 301bph@7900rmps. I havent raced with this yet though.

What i have been doing is just slowing down when i get close to blowing then gun it again. It works for the most part if i hit 4/5 perfet shifts.

#8 Draeconix

Draeconix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 10:45 PM

I have been using the 240 SX as I believe my other post stated and then I picked up the 3000 GT and added some performance upgrades. It has 6 gears and works really well for drag races, then I take the money I've earned and toss it back to my 240 SX.

#9 kenji urban

kenji urban

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 01:59 AM

Does anyone know what cars are AWD? i already know which are FWD and RWD...
such as the TT, Eclipse etc etc... (of course i know the WRX and EVO are AWD)
I've reached a point where my almost fully worked engine in my IS 300 is getting blown away by AWD's in drags... so when i stat again, i can build up an AWD from the start.

also, in the garage menu, (home garage) under the "world map", what are those races?

And, how do you know when you are in Stage 1 2 3 or 4? Looking in the stats window, i have a rating for each Stage... and some are low, so now i've gone back and started a new game, i want to do EVERYTHING, and boost my stats right up.

Lastly, sometimes when some loser calls my cell fone and says "hey i heard theres some action in beacon hill, no word on the exact location..." and i drive up there and there is no people to challenge for an Outrun... anyone know why? is it because i've already one 10 or so outruns for that stage?

Someone do a FAQ! smile.gif
KU.

#10 mumu

mumu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 07:35 PM

I read in another forum that if you have no cars on your map to outrun, that means you have to upgrade your car's visual rating. not sure though.

#11 kenji urban

kenji urban

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 08:51 PM

I can believe that.

i started a new game last night, and earned $10,000 without buying a single upgrade for the 240sx. I won every outrun untill there were no more orange arrows to challenge, then i found a secret race and won that, and got sponsored. went and won the 3 sponsor chosen races (which brought me up to $10,000) and then spent it all in one go at the performance shop (Megalow) then the Body shop, then the car specialties store, and i was able to buy everything accept the hydros. (because i fucked around buying paint too many times)

i figure if i can do that a few times, i'll be able to save up enough cash to do 2 cars up at once (G35 & EVO)

has anyone got a map of secret races or anything like that?

#12 fireburster

fireburster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 12:00 AM

gamefaqs has a map of all the shops.

I hear there is a money trick. Go into a world race and restart it before you even start the race. Then race and win and you get money. I havent tried it but i know i beat some races without winning money so this would have been nice to know.

If you cant find ppl to race, i think you need to raise you star rating.

#13 kenji urban

kenji urban

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 02:57 AM

thanks firebuster, but i already had that smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users