#76 Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 December 2004 - 10:24 PM

Is it me or does the random song player tend to play the same songs over and over? I have 40gb's of music on my xbox and blink.gif it always seems to follow the same routine.

#77 pancakelizard

pancakelizard

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 December 2004 - 06:32 AM

problem with 49.3

moving folders from different drives freezes it
trust me, i'm only doing it cuz mameox is gay with it's settings.

#78 DataBitz

DataBitz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 10:00 PM

I have just setup XLink in Avalaunch and I am experiencing a strange problem, perhaps someone else can test and see if they also see it, I suspect it maybe a bug in avalaunch xlink kai browser with long arena names.

Using the Avalaunch Xlink Arena browser goto the 'Arena/XBOX/Racing and Flying' arena.
I can get a list of all the arenas and I can go into the first two, but when I scroll to the third entry 'Arena/XBOX/Racing and Flying/Hot Wheels - Stunt Track Challenge' the list of arenas disappears and I can't scroll further down to select the other arenas.
I also noticed this happens in the 'Arena/XBOX/Third Person Shooter' arena with 'Arena/XBOX/Third Person Shooter/Steel Battalion - Line of Contact'

I am using the XMAS 49.3 version.

#79 Gxx

Gxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 03:15 PM

I am using the XMAS 49.3 version.
The proxy code does not work at all:

Every request sent to the proxy is like:
"GET somesite.com/foobar/" <<<<< INVALID REQUEST
instead of
"GET http://somesite.com/foobar/" <<<<< CORRECT REQUEST

I used the Tiny python proxy

( UnleashX successfully access the internet through the same proxy )

#80 pancakelizard

pancakelizard

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 07:33 PM

connecting errors

#81 pansatal7bar

pansatal7bar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 08:26 PM

I think that if you are using a router, then you will need to enable DHCP under settings/ Network/ IPSettings/ DHCP : ENABLE

Problem I am having is that on a V1.3 Box, the avalaunch dash locks up when I select file manager.

I am using a 120 GIG maxtor HDD and 1959. 49.2 Avalaunch Dash.

Edited by pansatal7bar, 31 December 2004 - 08:28 PM.

#82 pansatal7bar

pansatal7bar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(g-sas @ Dec 17 2004, 09:35 AM)
I found a major and a minor bug.

Major bug:
I think avalauch has a memory leak. When I start my box and then do nothing for about 3 hours it just freezes. I did not try it with the screensaver turned off, but I think the screensaver is the source of the problem. I tested a Xbox with a older alpha of Avalauch (the version before the screensaver was included) and there was no crash after 5 hours.

Minor bug:
I have got a Logitech Compact controller. When I try to use the quickload feature by holding "L" on boot it does it's not working. After this the "L-Button" is deactivated util I reboot the Xbox.

View Post

Mine does this too, Is there a way to disable the screen saver?

#83 manu_xl

manu_xl

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Interests:Hacking The Box!
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:53 PM

that's not true at all. my box sleeps sometimes 6 hours, and has never freezed with avalaunch as primary dash.

#84 pansatal7bar

pansatal7bar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE(pansatal7bar @ Dec 31 2004, 02:57 PM)

Problem I am having is that on a V1.3 Box, the avalaunch dash locks up when I select file manager.

I am using a 120 GIG maxtor HDD and 1959.  49.2 Avalaunch Dash.

View Post

I figured it out on my own. It was not any of these things. My hardware is fine, modchip is fine and also install is fine.

I was running avalaunch version 49.2 and when I upgraded to avalaunch 49.3 and ran all updates including XML update and Language update, the problem went away. I hope if anyone else has this problem, they will find this info here.

Thanks for all your attempted help.

#85 pansatal7bar

pansatal7bar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE(manu_xl @ Dec 31 2004, 04:24 PM)
that's not true at all. my box sleeps sometimes 6 hours, and has never freezed with avalaunch as primary dash.

View Post

Well, it is true with my xbox.

#86 dignick

dignick

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 12:38 PM

new bug in .3
When ACAM is turned on, it repeatedly downloads pictures over and over again, and doesnt change. So I have an acam background, and then it downloads 65kb or something from that skins site, but then the picture doesn't change and avalaunch then just downloads it again.
When Avalaunch is downloading these pictures, if you try and launch anything, it just freezes on the loading screen and the LED stays red. Therefore I can't load anything from Avalaunch atm.

Edited by dignick, 03 January 2005 - 12:41 PM.

#87 asjeep

asjeep

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 05:49 PM

ok since acam went down, and i was getting the 404 page not found error, i tireid turning acam off

then put on a regular skin....

still getting the error nto found, and it keeps trying to download acam skins.....

so i tired to reboot (using the avalaunch menu button)

xbox freezes........

can i just have my old verison of ava back? it worked.......

#88 ktiedt

ktiedt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 08:11 PM

I too have had a problem with Ava freezing on FTP/network transfer Xbox->xbox or to/from a PC, in both versions .2 and .3... Until last night .3 was working flawlessly, and when I tried to transfer a couple audio cd's from my PC to the Xbox, it started freezing.... and now it practically freezes anytime it just idles for a long while...

All the network stuff is disabled (ie. newsfeeds which seemed to crash .2 if you didnt have the xbox on a internet lan, and the skins network stuff) with only the options that allow me to FTP in and make changes (or download skins manually) are enabled... so no random auto connects from the xbox......

I hope someday to see this fixed.... cause its by far the most annoying thing blink.gif

#89 bigjoe2000

bigjoe2000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 January 2005 - 05:15 AM

XMAS 49.3

ACAM is also not working for me. I'm currently using Static IP (as I've always used). I get the 404 error whenever ACAM is enabled. Luckily, I had been saving them to my hard drive, so I can now cycle through local pics until ACAM functionality returns smile.gif

I also had a problem the other day when FTPing over a file with an overly long name. Attempting to xfer the file caused Ava to lock up. Had to hit the power button to reboot (although, thankfully, I have an IR mod that will let me power down/up)

-Joe

#90 sprkthead2

sprkthead2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 04:20 PM

Same problem here 404 error, acam not working. mad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users