smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 February 2003 - 08:07 AM

there are more then 1 type of power supply for the xbox, so because of this they all use a different fuse. while most of them say 15a, some do say T3.15A so please take it to a radio shack or a place that deals with fuse's and have them help you. or at least read what the numbers say and follow them down to the tee. ~Smokey
So your xbox does not power on… why is that? Most common reason is because the fuse on the power supply ate it. I was doing some light project with my xbox and hit pos and neg. did that cost me some money. This is what you’re going to need.

And for those in Canada.... PowerHouseKilla says to use
if you live in canada
part number for the fuse is 270-1257
and 270-742B for fuse block

1. Fuse rated at (depending on your powersupply) T3.15 or if it says 15 amps, go ahead and go with a lower amp number. the xbox use's 2.1amps so get a fuse in that range.
I recommend a fast acting fuse because of the high rate power supply the xbox uses.
Max voltage rate should be 250

user posted image

2. You’re also going to need an inline because, you will need it because you’re going to have to clip the fuse out and replace it. Get any inline for the rated fuse amp.
user posted image

Now once you clip the 2 ends of the fuse, put the fuse in the inline.
When you clip the old fuse your will have 2 cut ends those are going to connected the inline. It does not matter which way they are connected as long as one end is connect to the inline and the other end is connected to the other inline.
user posted image
I have a fox power supply so I had to solder the bottom part of the board to get my mod to work.
That’s it and should power up no problem.
user posted image
Thanx to DMZ and to AdonMalik for the info.

Edited by smokeingit, 14 August 2003 - 07:24 AM.

#2 Edmeister

Edmeister

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 01:48 PM

Very great thanks.

#3 capt_n_yayo

capt_n_yayo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 04:33 AM

Smooth mod! for the cats that think they fried their boxes will definitely thank you for that one! ph34r.gif

#4 CASTOR_TROY

CASTOR_TROY

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 12:01 PM

my xbox was dead did this tutorial and now it works like a charm rolleyes.gif

beerchug.gif

#5 smokeingit

smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (CASTOR_TROY @ Feb 27 2003, 05:01 AM)

beerchug.gif

Cool! glad you dont have to send it out for repairs! saved yourself atleast 50 bucks and some ass kissing laugh.gif

#6 nautiazn85

nautiazn85

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (smokeingit @ Feb 27 2003, 09:56 PM)
QUOTE (CASTOR_TROY @ Feb 27 2003, 05:01 AM)

beerchug.gif

Cool! glad you dont have to send it out for repairs! saved yourself atleast 50 bucks and some ass kissing laugh.gif

Agreed! Congratulations on the tutorial.

Maybe better images on the points though, and tutorial for different types of power supplys (xbox ships with many versions of the power supply)?

#7 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 11:30 AM

Get us some BETTER PICS for this SMOKE... in the meantime.. this will save alot of asses some $$$...

PINNED!

Edited by HSDEMONZ, 06 March 2003 - 11:30 AM.

#8 smokeingit

smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 05:28 PM

got me a shitty cam =( i see if i can get a better one.

#9 methadone_pretty

methadone_pretty

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 04:35 PM

same thing, but with better pictures can be found here:

http://650x.com/Xbox/

#10 thegeek

thegeek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 06:19 PM

please, I beg you, could someone please take a picture of the points needed for the delta powersupply?

#11 methadone_pretty

methadone_pretty

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 06:59 PM

its hard to click on links isnt it?

#12 smokeingit

smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 09:03 PM

oh problem with that site that it does not list the parts needed... i see its nice that he says "5 amp" fuse (by the way is wrong).
not just any parts will do because in time the same shit will happen.
take this from someone that knows AKA: a hobbyist
BTW the fuse on the xbox is not rated 5amps like he claims

#13 methadone_pretty

methadone_pretty

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 10:03 PM

ok, and thats why i didnt post something saying the guide already been done. People are asking for better pics, u dont have a better cam and i cba taking my xbox apart to photograph the PSU.

The guide i linked to has far better pictures even if you dont agree fully on the content. I'm not trying to dis ur work, i just spotted when i was looking round a site and thought the pictures at least would prove useful in this thread

edit: the Xbox draws 1.2A at 230v - the fuse from what i can see is on the main power inlet. Plugs in the UK are rated at 13A. Going off this, i can't see the replacement fuse being a 15A. Even at the lower US voltage, the current draw will be nowhere near this.

You say that in time the same shit will happen if you use a 5A fuse, did you not stop to think that the fuse blew for a reason. By replacing it with something of a higher ampage than needed you're effectivly bypassing it as it will never see 15A. It just means the next thing in line will break, something that wont be as cheap or as easy to replace.

Again, im not someone trying to rip your work to pieces. I just think you should consider why the fuse has blown to start with, and how sensible it is to replace it with one thats more than 3 times whats spec'ed

Edited by methadone_pretty, 18 March 2003 - 10:11 PM.

#14 smokeingit

smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 03:32 AM

very good point on the website. the photos are great because i dont have a cheap cam =/
but none the less your wrong on the point about the spec's of the fuse. if you were to full one out you can rate it and see for yourself that it is a 15 amp. and the thing you speak of that would not be easy to replace if you were to use a 5 amp is a tranistor located in the center of the power supply more likly a 112E. if i had a nice cam i would show you the fuse is a 15amp =/

#15 methadone_pretty

methadone_pretty

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 10:10 AM

ok, fair enough - i misunderstood, i thought you were replacing it with a higher value fuse (still cant see why it needs one that high tho)

If you were to use a 5A, you wouldnt be risking a transistor in the PSU as it would have even more protection than using a 15A. What i meant was, if it was spec'd as a 5A and you used a 15A, its then risking other parts. Namely the transistor you mentioned (dont have the PSU in front of me and doesnt really matter so im not checking!) - it would still be harder to replace than a fuse.

Anyway, if the fuse is actually 15A - i'll shut up now smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users