use ohm's law
P=U x I ---> in another words POWER=VOLTAGE x AMPERS

if you put a 15amp fuse the xbox can draw

hmm calculate

220 x 15 = 3300WATS MORON

THAT'S NOT BOSSIBLE COMPARED TO STANDARD MICROWAWE THAT
DRAWS POWER 800 WATS AT THE HIGH HEATING POWER
DO YOU REALY THINK THAT XBOX NEEDS
POWER THAT'S EGUAL TO HMM..... lets see....
HOUSE WARMING (~1000W)(here finland) TV (100W) COMPUTER (200W-350W) FRIDGE (100W) MICROWAWE (PEAK AT 800W) and i am not even close to 3300 wat yet
DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN!!

and don't you even dear to question for i do this stuff for my living... yes i am electrician...

PS:just use standard 2.5Amp fuse that should be good for xbox
cos even the 2.5 amp fuse let's u draw momentearly power of 550W before it blows up !

Edited by Welho, 10 April 2003 - 04:24 AM.

#32 smokeingit

smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:50 AM

oh christ, you just most be confused... the xbox use's a 2.1amps... the fucking circut breaker has a 15amp fuse... hey i dont think it use's more power then my car either, but then again i dont make the rules you bitchs

#33 smokeingit

smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:52 AM

instead of you fuckers talking out of your ass, open the box up. look at the fuse and tell me what you see. and dzv dont come back with your shit that you already check. none of you fuckers reply until you fucking look. NONE the breaker is rated as such

#34 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 10 April 2003 - 02:59 PM

Can one of the moderators please unpin this guide, or else ask the author to revise it? The specs are wrong, and noobs who follow this guide will be putting their Xboxes at risk. I've tried to reason with smokeingit, but he's obviously too hard-headed to admit that he might be wrong.

Cheers

D Zero VIBE

#35 smokeingit

smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 07:21 PM

fine, i will revise it dzv. i mean i will put your theroy as such in it. but when push comes to shove. the breaker is rated and no matter what you guys say, or do.... you can not get mad at me for going at spec's. Please dzv, dont be an ass and look at the fuse. stop being so stupid.

#36 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 11:31 PM

Man, you're the only one here getting upset.

You tell me to check my fuse, and when I tell you that I have looked at my fuse, you call me a liar (amongst other things).

Can't you at least admit that putting a 15A fuse in an Xbox PS seems a little silly, when a 2.5A, or even a 1.25A (what I'm currently using) will work fine and provide better protection?

D Zero VIBE

#37 powerhousekilla

powerhousekilla

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 04:19 AM

i dont know what your smokin kid but a 1amp ceramic fuse? for a system that draws over 300watts over power? yea 1amp that will last a whole nothing so i dont see that happing any time soon

ps: dzy..... maybe get new coke bottles and you'll see that 5 beside the 1
pps: the fuse being replaced here is for AC CURRENT not DC so stop trying to be smart reading the DC AMPERAGE off PSU sticker

smokeingit thanks for the tutorial i blew PSU because xbox wanted a beer then i got a light show smile.gif

anyways i bought PSU off somone on this board PSU was dead checked fuse and what you know they send me PSU wit blowen fuses thanks to the tutorial quick fix smile.gif

btw if you live in canada
part number for the fuse is 270-1257
and 270-742B for fuse block

Edited by powerhousekilla, 11 April 2003 - 04:20 AM.

#38 smokeingit

smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 04:45 AM

Aw.... Thanx power, i didnt understand what they were bitching about... i was like "dude, its simple math..." im not trying to change the fucking regulator. but yeah, if you guys bother to look at what i was pointing at with the pictures on top. you guys would see what IM TALKING ABOUT. Morons...

#39 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 07:45 AM

Gee, some of you guys take this way too personally. Touchy, touchy.

i dont know what your smokin kid but a 1amp ceramic fuse? for a system that draws over 300watts over power? yea 1amp that will last a whole nothing so i dont see that happing any time soon

Who said it's ceramic? It's a glass fuse, just like the one that was in my Xbox originally. You know, the one that said 1A~250v. I agree, 1A was a little too small. That's why it blew and I had to up it to 1.25A, which has now been working fine for a couple of weeks smile.gif

ps: dzy..... maybe get new coke bottles and you'll see that 5 beside the 1
pps: the fuse being replaced here is for AC CURRENT not DC so stop trying to be smart reading the DC AMPERAGE off PSU sticker

OK, so you're questioning my eyesite as well as my intelligence. Well, here's a picture of the sticker on one of my PSUs. Read it for yourself. Perhaps I am wrong. If so, please correct me.

user posted image

BTW I realize this is off a 220v PSU, but I don't think a 110v PSU is gonna need 10x the current that this one does.

I look forward to your replies smile.gif

[EDIT] Smokey, just out of curiousity, what brand PS did you see the 15A fuse in? Have a read of this and tell me if you think this might apply to you: http://pub94.ezboard...opicID=38.topic

Cheers

D Zero VIBE

Edited by dzv, 11 April 2003 - 08:17 AM.

#40 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 01:32 PM

Here's another thread from those forums:

http://pub94.ezboard...4.topic&index=5

If you read through the thread, I think it should become quite clear that you misread the fuse rating. The fuse you read is most likely a 3.15A fuse.

So, for the last time Please! Please! Please! revise your tutorial, so we don't start hearing about people's Xboxes spontaneously igniting.

Cheers

D Zero VIBE

#41 smokeingit

smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 07:14 PM

in the thread the guy says it sounds about right? 3.15amp? get the fuck out of here. i looked up parts fot T3. 15a and only came up with one place... all those threads you sent me they say they guess... just like you do. so i suggest you pull the fuse out of a xbox you havent fucked with and check for yourself.

~Smokey

#42 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 08:03 PM

Wow, you really are hard-headed, aren't you?

#43 smokeingit

smokeingit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 08:04 PM

hard headed? prove me wrong. take out the fuse stupid.

#44 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 08:27 PM

The following lines are quoted from the first thread I linked to.

CPU64: "I don't know why everyone is saying 5 amp. My xbox and the ones I've repaired all had 15 amp fuses."
Adon Malik: "I'm betting you misread it. As I've said in other threads a 15 amp is very dangerous in this type of circuit, don't use it. "
CPU64: "You're right.. The rating isn't spaced right.. "
xbfan: "The rating on the fuse is T3.15 amp at least that is what it is on my delta ps. "
xbfan: "After another look, I left part of the p/n off, it a T3.15A 250N Fuse and it's rated to handle up to 3.15 amps at 250v but beware it's only a 115v power supply. "

...and these are from the second thread I linked to:

CPU64: "Adon.. Now I'm confused a bit..
The fuse I fixed (and the one on my xbox) doesn't show T5AH..

They both have T3. 15A 250V.

Don't tell me that is supposed to mean a 3.15A fuse??
Damn, stupid spacing.."
Adon Malik: "Yup that means 3.15amp."

Please notice the complete lack of the words "I guess".

And did you even look at the photo I posted?? It clearly shows that I was not quoting you the DC amperage. I quoted you the AC input current of the PS, which on that particular PS is quoted at 1.2A.

i looked up parts fot T3. 15a and only came up with one place...

Try this... Going by the sticker on my PS, it's a foxlink FTPS-0002. Trying looking up "FTPS-0002" in Google. Guess how many results come up. None! Does that mean that this PS doesn't exist? No. Does that mean that this PS is not what is sitting in my Xbox as I type this? No.

hard headed? prove me wrong. take out the fuse stupid.

Actually, this whole time I thought that I don't have another PS with a fuse in it, but guess what I just found? hehehe. I didn't even realize what these fuses looked like, as the fuse that I replaced was a glass tube fuse. But here you, a picture of the fuse you're talking about:

user posted image

Please try to emanine all the facts and logical reasoning with an unbiased mind. You might surprise yourself with what you discover.

Cheers

D Zero VIBE

#45 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 08:34 PM

And here's another pic from that PS, clearly stating the AC input rating: