2 replies to this topic

#1 sirotz

sirotz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 07:30 AM

Oh god what a headache. I would usually not post this but I can honstly say I have tried everything. So lets start. Modding 2 xboxs at the same time. Using 2.6's on both. 1.1 went fine. No problems. Now we get to everyones favorite the 1.6. I have been keeping up on this bios blunder (shame shame on you team xecuter) and have been keeping up on the 1.6's. I thought I was ready. I was wrong.

Chip boots the M$ bios fine when off but not when on. green off, green off, green off, red and green. The Usual problems. First thing first I thought of was bios. If I get red and green(not orange also) usually it means bios(according to the tut section). No it can't be. I have flashed it with...ready.M8 plus_18 1mb then 2 512 mb, 1 m8_16 1mb then 2 512 mb. Then just for s's and g's I tried 1 512 flash bios 3.03 and 1 m8_16.bin. Keeping the m8 in the second bank cause I remember that had something to do with it. Still freaking nothing. OIn to solder joints.

Ok, I don't want to brag but I am pretty darn good at soldering. Everythign turns out neat and clean and I a really good ciruit tracer. So because I have been sick and tired of it fragging I checked every freaking joint for continuity with the pins. and I have it. Im not joking. I went as far as checking some of the lpc rebuilds with the pins and tracing the paths all the way to the xyclops chip and I have continuity on ALL of them. WTF is going on?

A little interesting tidbit for all of you that had the same problem opr have ruined 1.6 boards I thought I did the same. After the xbox was fragged I resoldered everything and while doing so the pad that the lad2 wire attached to came off. I panicked but with my ciruit tracing abilities I was able to discover the perfect place to jumper a wire over the broken solderjoint. Stripped the wire in the middle also(so I could solder the mod wire to the middle of the wire and not the small points I used to jumper it) and the box was back to life now if I can only get this freakin modchip to work. Any suggestions or tips all. If I find it I will post it asap. Im going on 1:00am here and Im not resting till I find it!!! BTW those whom didn't read it all yes it is a 1.6 board not 1.6b and it is the xecuter2.6 lite chip.

#2 sirotz

sirotz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 08:19 AM

hmmm well....hmmm. I mean shucks. Any mod that would like to delete this post feel free. I am a total idoit. Yea. well lets see. After deciding to retrace all traces again I looked at the diagram 1 more time and realized that dumby me soldered the lad0 wire to the pin below where it needed to be. Hmm, so I changed that and everything is perfect! Boy do I feel dumb. I learned 2 things from this 1 I can fix almost ANY dead 1.6 mobo. 2 don't be stupind and DON"T SOLDER LATE AT NIGHT!!! night all and thanks all who read this jester.gif

#3 majesty`

majesty`

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:22 PM

i think i may have done the same. is it possible that you could tell me what you did to fix the problem and materials involved. additionally, would it be possible to supply pictures and some further details of the repair process, i would really appreciate it, thanks a lot.

-majesty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users