I'm Having Trouble Conecting My Xbox To Pc
Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:15 PM
"PC/Laptop IP Address: 192.168.1.2
Xbox IP Address: 192.168.1.3
Both machines' default gateways should be 192.168.1.1
Netmasks on both shold be 255.255.255.0
Then from your PC, open up Internet Explorer and type in the following URL (but don't click on this one!):
and you should be able to browse your Xbox's filesystem at will.
If you get FTP permission denied errors, it will most likely be either because the filename is more than 38 characters long (including the extension) or because the filename has an illegal character (e.g. a comma) in it."
I do get the permission error, but i don't understand how to fix it. it just says wht the most likely reason is, but not how to fix it. Btw i'm connecting to my PC with a crossover cabel, and i don't have it hooked up through a router, i'm not that stupid. but i still can't get it to work, i've gone through all the faq's on this subject and tutorials - that i know of - and i still can't get it to work.
any help would be greatly appericiated.
Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:18 PM
And have you tried a FTP client such as FlashFXP to connect?
Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:45 PM
Posted 29 November 2004 - 12:02 AM
Posted 29 November 2004 - 12:27 AM
Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:16 AM
Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:42 AM
So, here's THE LIST:
1) What results do you get from an ipconfig query? Open Command Promt (cmd.exe from the Start -> Run menu), and type "ipconfig /all" (without the quotes).
2) What are your network settings in Avalaunch? Go to Settings, Network, IP Settings and post them (and make sure they gel with your FTP app).
3) Post your FlashFXP settings (are you using passive mode, a.k.a. PASV, have you UNchecked "Cache Directories", etc.).
4) Have you tried a different crossover cable?
5) Have you really, truely gone through the best guide ever with a fine-toothed comb?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users