mrright01

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:$, cars, modifying projects on anything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:03 PM

hey, i'm trying to finish my dual internal hd with external dvd/hd mod. i've got a four item ide cable, 120 gig hitachi, two 250 gig western digitals. the hitachi was my original hd, and it works with or without the dvd attached. i loaded evox onto one of the 250's and it worked with the dvd that time. then i disconnected the dvd, and it didn't work, so i changed the jumper from what it was(i think cable select) to single master. and it loaded correctally without the dvd, i tried moving some files to it through my router, and then i noticed the e drive had no space on it. so i tried to connect my external dvd to it to reformat the 250 gig, but it loaded with error 7. so i tried to change the jumper back to cable select, and still error 7. then i tried every other setting, and everyone of them i got error 7. but with the master/single setting it will load without the dvd still. so the hd is still working.

someone help please, i'm tired of fighting with this same project

#2 mrright01

mrright01

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 03:01 AM

bump, if anyone has any ideas, i'll try them

#3 itsmee129

itsmee129

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:i like xbox and chicks :-)

Posted 29 November 2004 - 03:06 AM

set it to cable select

#4 mrright01

mrright01

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 03:17 AM

ok, someone just im'd me and told me to try different cable orders. so i set it to cable select(which it was) and put the dvd at the end of my 4 item ide, and i get error 7. i try it with a stock ide(3 item) with the dvd in front and behind the hd, and it works. i switch back to the 4 ide cable, and put the dvd before the hd, it works, i put the hd as the last item on the ide, it works. when the dvd is after the hd on the 4 item ide, it doesn't work. what's the deal with the dvd at the end of the ide on a 4 item? it works on a 3 item. is there any way around this?

#5 itsmee129

itsmee129

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:i like xbox and chicks :-)

Posted 29 November 2004 - 02:41 PM

why would you need the dvd drive to be last?

#6 mrright01

mrright01

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:13 PM

like i said, i wanted the dvd to be external, i put one hd on the dvd tray and one in the hd tray. two internal hd's, and i put the dvd in an external case and had it at the end of the ide cable, so i can unplug it when i didn't need it, and i'm going to have an external hd hook up so i can at least get the c drive/unlock password off stock hd's and maybe set it up so i can format new hd's. but i'll go back to my original setup and then the dvd will be before the hd's, hopefully i can get it setup that way. thanks for the help. i can't wait to be done and finally post pics :-P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users