#1 mimesis

mimesis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:14 PM

Here i am finishing up my xbox top..................cut out hole for lighted jewel, clear jewel, and flat top tell me what you think..................she still needs very little touching up and then a final stage of primer, paint (white/red), and high gloss clearcoat............there will also be 80mm red LED fans 2 on each side of her covering the grill but those haven't arrived yet........................hopefully by the time christmas comes i'll have my 616t, power/eject board (red/purple), X 2.6, hopefully all 5 12v Red LED Fans (one for inside and 4 for the outside), and my custom Devil jewel with Red Cathode..........tell me what you think........

user posted image
The "V" at the back still needs to be sanded down
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
This pic has no light behind my cleared jewel
user posted image
Here is a pic with light behind the jewel

Edited by mimesis, 28 November 2004 - 11:21 PM.

#2 jhiciano

jhiciano

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:17 PM

I like, cant wait to see the final product.

#3 B1ack1CE

B1ack1CE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:18 PM

how bout you downsize this pictures just a tad.

#4 jhiciano

jhiciano

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:20 PM

yeah, and u might want to add a 56k warning

#5 mimesis

mimesis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:23 PM

lol yea sorry about that i forgot my digital camera likes to make every picture HUGE.......they are all downsized now...........oh and by the way the paint will be something noone has done with any type of paint in this forum............atleast i have never seen it................ wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#6 jacksparrow

jacksparrow

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:43 PM

shit that is awesome. that would look sooooo good if u got it chromed! good work!!

#7 mimesis

mimesis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 12:00 AM

thanks jack but actually i'm going for a type of painting that noone has done in here yet and the paint scheme will be red/white................trust me it will be beautful wink.gif ahhh i'll just come out and say it it's going to have a red base coat and a white top coat but it's going to be crackle paint so it's going to crack showing the red paint underneath............here is a good idea of what it will look like, just replace the black with red

user posted image

Edited by mimesis, 29 November 2004 - 12:03 AM.

#8 itsmee129

itsmee129

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:i like xbox and chicks :-)

Posted 29 November 2004 - 01:20 AM

i tried that but it was takin to long so i gave up lol, it looks good so far

#9 mimesis

mimesis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 01:46 AM

do you have any pics from when you tried doing the crackle job?

#10 bigted41

bigted41

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 03:07 AM

the top looks good, but i should warn you on that crackle paint, practice it on something else first and make sure you get it right. those paint jobs can look real good, but also get real fucked up just as easily ( i guess that goes for any paintjob though )

lookin good, good luck modding your box, get a ATA133 cable along with all that other stuff.

#11 ..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  • Interests:I am a sophmore in JROTC @ Theodore Roosevelt High School in San Antonio , TX

Posted 29 November 2004 - 03:09 AM

It's the Shaved Box.

Edited by ..[[ModBoxMaster]].., 29 November 2004 - 03:10 AM.

#12 mimesis

mimesis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 03:56 AM

if the DVD or HDD isn't an ATA133 style then it won't change the speed of anything in the case....................i hope everyone here knows this................i've never heard of it working and my dad and i have been building PC's for people for 4 years now and i've looked into it................there shouldn't be any speed change with an ATA133 because the XBOX drives were ATA100 however, if you switch the DVD drive and the HDD and they are both ATA 133 it will make a difference wink.gif

And what do you mean by it's the shaved box? Do you mean that someone else has done this or are you just saying it as in people "shaving" their doorhandles on cars and what not? If you are refering to part 2 that is where i got the idea (i have a 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport that i'll be putting over $4000 into this coming summer) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Edited by mimesis, 29 November 2004 - 03:58 AM.

#13 jeeproject

jeeproject

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (mimesis)
if the DVD or HDD isn't an ATA133 style then it won't change the speed of anything in the case....................i hope everyone here knows this................i've never heard of it working and my dad and i have been building PC's for people for 4 years now and i've looked into it................there shouldn't be any speed change with an ATA133 because the XBOX drives were ATA100 however, if you switch the DVD drive and the HDD and they are both ATA 133 it will make a difference
Actually that is incorrect. The speed of the factory xbox hard drive has absolutely nothing to do with the limiting factor of the data transfer speed of the xbox. The limiting factor of the xbox is the actual ATA controller on the mobo.

The factory xbox hard drive is capable of ATA100 but only running at ATA33 because of the ATA controller on the mobo.

QUOTE (mimesis)
i hope everyone here knows this................i've never heard of it working and my dad and i have been building PC's for people for 4 years now and i've looked into it
laugh.gif

#14 mimesis

mimesis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 03:47 PM

still................the point stands.....................there is no speed difference between ATA100 and ATA133 cables installed in an XBOX so what are you trying to get at? huh.gif

#15 Dragonis.Lou

Dragonis.Lou

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 November 2004 - 03:58 PM

As far as the Shaved Box thing... he means it as... A girls pussy is also called a box... and a Shaved Box is what the mod is... 'shaving' the x, and a shaved box is very nice for the munchers. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users