4 replies to this topic

#1 zeiro

zeiro

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 08:43 PM

alright i've been out of the loop for a while and have a quick question. i have my xbox modded with an enigma (like i said, out of it for a while) and i have the switches installed to turn the mod chip off. I DO NOT have the ms dashboard on my xbox, i have the evox dash loaded on it (i have a back-up of the ms dash on my computer obviously). My question is this: if i turn of my mod chip and go online with a game (halo 2), will i be banned because i dont have the original ms dash on my hd. If so..i take it that i should just take the evox dash off then load the ms dash then go on live.

#2 zeiro

zeiro

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 01:23 AM

alright, im obviously pretty stupid and ended up finding the link on how to manage this after i posted my thread so sorry of that however.... after trying several times to make a boot disk with the boxplorer's default.xbe, this is what i came up with..
using a dvd-rw:

just with the default.xbe..didnt work

with the default.xbe and a 0dummy folder...didnt work (as a dummy file i used a
zip file that was about 600 megabytes, is that alright)

with both the dummy and default.xbe files turned into a gdf image (using gdfImage 1.21)...didnt work.

what else can i try? why the hell isn't it boXplorer booting up (and yes the modchip is turned on).

someone please help me

#3 zeiro

zeiro

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 05:36 PM

bump

#4 mc_365

mc_365

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 09:37 PM

Have you ever gotten that brand of DVD media to work B4?
Is your bios settup to load from dvd first?
Is your boxeplorer working?

Why not just FTP the xboxdash over to your xbox?

#5 zeiro

zeiro

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 02:57 AM

1)i have gotten dvd's to work on my xbox (multliple times..the same media also).

2)my boxplorer is working

3)i have been doin that but its a pain in the ass and what im told is that i can load boxplorer with this disc, then click on 1evoxdash.xbe (evo-x dash) and load it there..then i can remove the disc and put a dvd in to watch.

the main reason i want this to work is cause i go on live all the time and i watch dvd's on my xbox alot. so when ever i need to watch a movie i have to connect to my xbox via ftp and switch the dash's..then i play live (i.e. halo 2) and i have to switch them back. on a further note..i do have my doubts about this working so someone let me know..if it wont work ill just give up no and stop following up on it. my concern is that when u eject a disc from the xbox, it has the tendency to reboot. if it reboots after i load the evo-x dash, its just goin to go back to msdash and not solve my problem at all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users