• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 C89ZX7R

C89ZX7R

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:Conquest/Starion , xbox/ps2 , slotcar racing .
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:04 PM

http://www.radioshac...a...t_id=26-842

if you buy this ps2 cable it can be converted to work on a xbox by rounding off the one side that has the flat corners on it . lol done it before using a cable box power cord . plus it looks better than the stock black cord

#2 okandroid

okandroid

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:06 PM

why pay 12.99 for a power cord when they have ones, that dont need to be cut down, for 2.99

Edit: And dont tell me it gives you better performance.

Edited by okandroid, 29 November 2004 - 11:06 PM.

#3 C89ZX7R

C89ZX7R

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:Conquest/Starion , xbox/ps2 , slotcar racing .

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:08 PM

then why buy a clear case and leds and ccts . why because it looks better than stock

#4 anthonyw692

anthonyw692

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:12 PM

Personally I keep my plugs behind the Xbox.... So I dont see or car what color the cord is

#5 themadman123

themadman123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Film...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:23 PM

Monster Cables are way over-rated and way over-priced....your basically paying for the name (and yeah a little of the look) hey, I personally don't care what you spend your money. I'm just saying a 12 buck power plug isn't gonna do anything but maybe boost your self confidence and lower your bank account.

#6 okandroid

okandroid

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:31 PM

Alrigh there's a MAJOR difference in a power cord and xbox, personally I never see the power cord, and in fact I think that power cord looks ugly as hell, it looks like it belongs on a child's play thing. Id much rather save my 12 bucks for a cold cathode or a bunch of leds.

#7 ..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  • Interests:I am a sophmore in JROTC @ Theodore Roosevelt High School in San Antonio , TX
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:34 PM

Why would you upgrade a power cord? it still gonna deliver the same amount of power!

#8 nolem

nolem

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:28 AM

Monster's high-performance AC power cable connects the PlayStation®2 console to any standard electrical outlet for the best possible power delivery and maximum gaming performance. It features XLN® Xtra Low Noise® construction, which rejects noise for the best possible picture and sound. PowerLine for PS2 also includes ergonomic connectors with rubber finger grips for easy insertion and removal.

Wow those guys really know how to gussy up a description. Its a friggin power cord! laugh.gif

#9 jeeproject

jeeproject

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:53 AM

I cannot understasnd why someone would pay for this. For all of you that was wanting to do this you have a few option:

A) Send me $12.99+S&H and I will send you a power cord that will make your xbox work just like it did before and just as good as the monster cable power cord, but with no improved performance. In other words a factory power cord

cool.gif Send me $12.99+S&H and I will send you a monster cable power cord that will make your xbox work just like the factory power cord, but with no improved performance.

C) Send me a picture of you and $11.99+S&H and I will slap you if i ever see you for even considering this mod.

#10 jeeproject

jeeproject

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:56 AM

I cannot understasnd why someone would pay for this. For all of you that was wanting to do this you have a few option:

A) Send me $12.99+S&H and I will send you a power cord that will make your xbox work just like it did before and just as good as the monster cable power cord, but with no improved performance. In other words a factory power cord

cool.gif Send me $12.99+S&H and I will send you a monster cable power cord that will make your xbox work just like the factory power cord, but with no improved performance.

C) Send me a picture of you and $11.99+S&H and I will slap you if i ever see you for even considering this mod.

#11 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (jeeproject @ Nov 29 2004, 08:59 PM)

haha, ill do it for $10

Edited by thewickedjester, 30 November 2004 - 01:04 AM.

#12 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 November 2004 - 01:05 AM

Someone was just posting about monster cables on another forum.. check this out:
Monster Cable DVI-D cable: $129.99
Generic Dual-Link DVI Cable: $13.99

I think these cables are a ripoff, and personally I wouldn't consider it an Xbox mod to spend 13 bucks on a power cable. To each his own, I suppose!

#13 cromat44

cromat44

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 30 November 2004 - 03:20 AM

i know... in maximumpc they did some benchmarks on monster usb cables.... the $20 versus teh $0.25 cheap ass one... they both took about 4 minutes on average to transfer with a usb hard drive... except the monster was... gasp... 4 seconds faster...

Even if there is a slight gain, not that i've ever noticed, it isn't worth the several hundred percent price raise.

#14 Sac2K4

Sac2K4

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:MODS!

Posted 30 November 2004 - 03:26 AM

I say do it so i have a reason to slap you... DAM dude?!!? youre considering this? please tell me you didnt buy it. blink.gif

beerchug.gif
Sacroligous

#15 WOBBLYSHAKEIT55

WOBBLYSHAKEIT55

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 03:33 AM

theyre hd kit is good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users