• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spargo

spargo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:10 AM

What is the best modchip to get? I want it to run linux, and be as easy as possible to install. I don't know much about modchips but I'm up for hacking my box to pieces and soldering things to each other. smile.gif Does anyone have a link that explains all about modchips and their features, etc.?

#2 jeeproject

jeeproject

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:32 AM

For your situation I would recomend looking in the Newbie Forums first. Then when posting read the description of the actual forum below the forum title. I reason i say that is because this has nothing to do with this forum. You probably didnt know that though because you probably saw the forum that said hardware modding and posted here. There are forums specifically for modchips and if you look there you will find more info than you want.

As far as the best modchip goes, all that is is a matter of opinion. All a modchip basically does is let you run a hacked MS bios. Sure some later modchips have added features but most people dont really use the added features that often if never.

The two modchips I would recomend are the Xecuter 3 and the Xenium.

Now after saying all that you really need to do A LOT of reading about the different chips.

#3 jemery2004

jemery2004

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:34 AM

I have an Aladdin XT... It only cost me $AUD 70 with installation on a 1.6B crystal. But if you want a good one go for a Xecutor 3 or Xenium... I don't know much about these so if someone reading this who does know, chip in. Go to http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips.php and have a look there. Also, this is a case modding forum.

Jeremy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users