blaze_1ne

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 November 2004 - 03:11 AM

the cheap hipgear headset doesn't come with a mic-in jack, unlike the MS one, that will allow you to use any headset. and i was just wondering if it was possible to install a jack into the communicator. any feedback would be appreciated...

#2 dub

dub

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 November 2004 - 08:25 AM

Im guessing that if you cut the headset off and wire a jack onto the existing wires you just cut it would work. I guess what I am saying is that I don't know why it wouldn't work smile.gif

#3 markland556

markland556

The xbox scene master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 09:20 AM

ya, just hack off the wires are hook them up to a jack, just fitting it in there might be a pain in the ass, but i havent seen the non-M$ ones.

#4 defmonk

defmonk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:xbox live, modding, movies, beer
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:52 PM

I accidentally busted my communicator recently and have the left-over proprietary plug.

It has four wires. Two for the speaker, and two for the mic. Not sure how this would work if someone attempted to hook it up to a 3rd-party headset, but I thought about it - didn't seem feasable, when I was able to find a shitty MadCatz headset at BestBuy for only $5.

I was actually thinking about getting that speaker adapter so that I don't have to wear the headset when I have group XBL sessions so we can all trash-talk the competition... haha.

#5 blaze_1ne

blaze_1ne

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (markland556 @ Nov 30 2004, 05:23 AM)
ya, just hack off the wires are hook them up to a jack, just fitting it in there might be a pain in the ass, but i havent seen the non-M$ ones.

i figured it would be as simple as that...
but one question. the wheel on the ms communicator, is that used to adjust the volume output to the headset? because the hip gear headset has the wheel, but its on the wire that i would be cutting. like so:

communicator ---> wire ---> wheel ---> headset

so if i were to cut that wire, would that mean that volume output would be at the lowest setting, or it wouldn't be affected. from what i recall, there are headsets with volume control like the hip gear one, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users