#1 NeO529

NeO529

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:21 AM

Okay yesterday I soldered in a smartxx v2.0 into an xbox using the quicksolder method. Once I finished it booted fine. I stopped working on it at that point and left the FTPing and all til the next day. Well today I was playing with it (mostly trying to get the ftp to work) and it froze on the smartxx os menu. For the next 4 boots or so it would freeze about 2 seconds into boot and whichever light on the chip happened to be on (they were alternating) would stay on from then til I turned it off. At that point when I ungrounded the d0 it would boot sometimes and frag sometimes. Now not matter WHAT I do it frags. D0 grounded, ungrounded: Frags. I checked all my connections and one of the LPC points that is suppose to read at 3.3 (I checked this w/ a diagram) is only reading .2v and I check the otherside of it and it is only reading .2v. Now that may be the problem with the chip and if it is how can I fix that? I have tried resoldering it but no luck. However, I wanna know why the xbox frags even when the d0 is not grounded. I would love any help you guys could give.

#2 NeO529

NeO529

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:49 AM

okay if I leave it unplugged for about 30 min I can get it to not frag but it freezes on the flubber screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users