Photo

Will Xbox Live Game Damage Exploited Xboxdash.xbe?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ember

ember

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 05:51 AM

just curious,

i have ninja gaiden game, and there's xbox live menu in it,
i'm afraid my brother accidentally go into that menu to try the live function, though we dont have that service here.

will xbox live game such as ninja gaiden, can damage exploited xboxdash.xbe?

sorry if this ever discussed before. i searched but no luck. uhh.gif

#2 Ghaleon

Ghaleon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:03 AM

If you're using UDE or UDE 2, it'll give you a nice big error 21. Just reboot the box, and it'll be fine. I actually tested it out before.

#3 bipolardragon

bipolardragon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:I like stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:26 AM

Also, if you dont have live, it wont do jack, it will ask you to sign in etc. Dont worry bout it bro.

#4 ember

ember

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 03:30 AM

i don't understand,
how come you guys said accessing the XBOX LIVE menu within a game will not damage the exploited xboxdash.xbe (UXE xboxdash.xbe).

i remember my friend (enigmah chipped) got error 21, after accessing XBOX LIVE menu, therefore i assume if i access the XBOX LIVE menu, the game somehow update (do changes) to xboxdash.xbe to UN-exploited state.

If you're using UDE or UDE 2, it'll give you a nice big error 21. Just reboot the box, and it'll be fine. I actually tested it out before.

how come reboot the xbox will be fine, from what i understand the xboxdash.xbe had been updated to UN-exploited state.

#5 bipolardragon

bipolardragon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 03:52 AM

What happens, from my memory (may be wrong) is that the dash that trys to get upgraded goes, NO I dont wanna be upgraded and it gets an error 21 message. This is a simplified version of what happens.

#6 jonnyschultze

jonnyschultze

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 04:01 AM

i asked the same question a while ago; i was told that the M$ Dash Updater looks for the M$ font files (called xboxbook.xtf and xbox.xtf I think), but when you softmod your box, they are either removed or put in a different folder (like /f0nts, note the zero). the updater looks in C:\ and \fonts, and if it can't find the font files, it error 21's (a good thing) before it can update xboxdash.xbe. Therefore, you have nothing to worry about. (Tested on V1.0 and V1.6, with net access and without on both)

Edited by jonnyschultze, 02 December 2004 - 04:02 AM.

#7 HomicidalMo0se

HomicidalMo0se

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 04:17 AM

so games don't automatically update the dash, right? like the moment you put it in. i'm not talking about the game but the dash itself. just wondering 'cause that's what's been plaguing me for a while. thanks.

#8 bipolardragon

bipolardragon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 04:22 AM

To my knowledge no, but I am not into the whole games thing on the xbox. ITs a great tool for diagnosis with some new .xbes you can write.

#9 jonnyschultze

jonnyschultze

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 04:26 AM

so games don't automatically update the dash, right? like the moment you put it in. i'm not talking about the game but the dash itself. just wondering 'cause that's what's been plaguing me for a while. thanks.

No they don't update unless you hit the live tab in a game or on the dash. I guess the Star Wars DVD Trilogy movie set has a demo of the Battlefront game on it, and it automatically tries to autoupdate, but the process turns up error21 because of the reasons I posted before.
If you want you can research the DVD update by searching "Star Wars Trilogy" -- I remember there being a good sized thread on the situation~JS

#10 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 December 2004 - 06:17 AM

funny how this question has to come up every few dasys. Guess the search is down again or something.

#11 BGiglio

BGiglio

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 08:32 PM

I am having this same problem with a friend,

He went to xbox live and now the xbox won't turn on.... using UXE, can anyone tell me how I can fix it? I have full backup of his eeprom and C/E drive.. xbox is a 1.6A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users