#1 zxxpyroxxz

zxxpyroxxz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:26 AM

Sorry, but i feel i need to post this...pictures will follow my overview

Well, as some of you know, i bought a broken xbox off ebay, no cables, no controllers, no freaking screws (not a joke) dvd drive was missing the top half, HDD was not the original.

So what do i do, i say F it, pulled my dvd-drive outta my pc, use superfro's tutorial to convert it to use with the xbox, order a Xecuter 3 so i can use any HDD i have laying around (yes i know no XBL, or well). And today when i get home from work my modchip and NAND gate are waiting for me.

So from 6 - 11:12 pm i spent my night soldering this monster together, and it freaking booted up and seems to recognize dvd and hdd. But i still dont have a controller to go any further (please dont laugh). Now all i need to do it get everything shoved back inside the box and i'm good to go...

Also, still have a problem with my dvd drive ejecting when i power the system off, lol.

Xbox...
user posted image

Bootup screen
user posted image

#2 hb2k

hb2k

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:33 AM

HOLY CRAP U REALY GOT IT TO WORK! dry.gif

#3 zxxpyroxxz

zxxpyroxxz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 08:05 AM

Thanks, unless thats sarcasm, the F you :-)

Seriously though, i'm kinda surprised it all ended up working, lol

#4 sinister slipknot

sinister slipknot

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 November 2004 - 09:48 AM

you said the dvd drive ejects when you turn it off, does it eject and close normally other wise? because if it doesnt then the tray in and tray out wires are propably mixed up!

beerchug.gif good work though! maybe you could also get a controller off ebay, it might not have any buttons but im sure you could get it to work! beerchug.gif

EDIT: yes the other person was being sarcastic

Edited by sinister slipknot, 30 November 2004 - 09:49 AM.

#5 markland556

markland556

The xbox scene master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 November 2004 - 10:04 AM

why not just buy a new dvd drive made for xbox or one of the 3rd party tops for it.

#6 zxxpyroxxz

zxxpyroxxz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 01:03 PM

yea the dvd drive works fine otherwise, just the power off seems to make it eject. My goal was to get a xbox modded and working for a lot less then buying a working used system. So buying a new dvd drive would put me off budget :-)

I like the idea of buying ebay controllers, i could glue marshmellows in place of the buttons laugh.gif

Oh yea, i might buy one of those third party tops mark mentioned so i do have a real dvd drive

#7 rocko77

rocko77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 01:17 PM

Call Macgyver, he'll know what to do!!! laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users