Photo

Hooking Up Xlink To 2 Xbox's? Will It Work?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 three11

three11

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 05:33 PM

Here's what I have, I have 2 tv's, 2 xbox's one Linksys 4-port Router and one PC.

If I hook up both of my xbox's to my router can my xlink detect both of the xbox's and can we join the same or different servers to play? man i hope this is possible.

thanks to you all

#2 anonymo

anonymo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 05:56 PM

I only just started using xlink but i have the same set up (2tvs 2boxs) and it works fine on xbconnect without having to do anything...so i would assume its gonna work on kai...however if you tried it and it worked you're not gonna check back here anytime soon...

#3 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:12 PM

ya i have been on kai for a long time and this is the setup i have .. works great .. xbconnect makes you pay for "multi xbox compression" or some shit tho , xlink is free for everything :]

#4 three11

three11

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:31 PM

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!

I cant wait to go home and try it out, I actually have 1 27" flat screen TV w/ one xbox, and My xbox is hooked up to my 19" LCD using the x2vga adapter at 1080p resolution (High Defenition) and the Smartjoy FRAG kb&m adapter, PC gamers paradise!!!

Thanks again. See ya on the battlefield!

#5 dfunked

dfunked

XLink Crew Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 December 2004 - 12:05 AM

Sounds like a sweet setup biggrin.gif

Remember though that you have to be playing the same game on both XBoxes.

#6 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 05:33 PM

yesterday we hooked up 3 tv's and 3 xbox's at my place , sweet deal .. we played ghost recon 2 online all day and my cable was hawling , hosting 8 ppl total with 3 on the same connection as the host with no troubles :] .. my living room looks funny with one tv in front and one in the back with the luv seat turned around .. my girl walks in, looks around , shakes her head and sez "ya you guys are gonna be awhile, i'm going shopping" :] .. ah i love days off... xlink rules :]

#7 sheliak

sheliak

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 09:39 PM

Just thought I'd chime in. I have run 2 boxes on both Xlink and Xbc and I didn't have to pay for anything for xbc. My settup is 2 boxes and comp connected to hub and a wireless in the comp. Works great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users