7 replies to this topic

#1 ippo

ippo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 08:35 PM

Okay...let's say i follow the softmod guides correctly...until i reach the part where i have to lock the new hd with the password generated with xboxhdm....Let's say after I get the password...and i accidentally typed in the wrong password...can I still lock the hd since I still have the correct password?

Also is the password case sensitive?

#2 bobthenob

bobthenob

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 November 2004 - 08:54 PM

yes if you type it wrong you can lock it but your box wont rekonize it the best thing to use is Xboxhdm it will get the password then it will put the password in and lockit

#3 s0ftm0d

s0ftm0d

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 November 2004 - 11:05 PM

Don't bother typing it in. As long as you have your eeprom, you can have that lock the hard drive without typing the hd key. Use xboxhdm.

#4 ippo

ippo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 04:34 AM

WOw...are you serious...I go and look this up...but every single tutorials I read it says I have to type in the password...It does not say anything about just using xboxhdm to lock it...I mean I know how to get the password but with the eeprom.bin of my original xbox hd it can still lock the new hd...i thought the new hd has a different password?

Thanks for your help though softm0d and bobthenob

#5 Be_Vigilant

Be_Vigilant

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 December 2004 - 03:12 PM

to lock it with the eeprom you backed up and placed into the correct directory take option 3 (boot to linux with HD locking tools)

Then type lockhd -a

It then uses the eeprom to lock it. It will also set a master password to XBOXSCENE just incase it goes wrong.

Using version 1.9

#6 JohnyBlaze

JohnyBlaze

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 01:22 AM

Don't bother typing the key. Use lockhd -a and it will auto lock it with eeprom info.

#7 ippo

ippo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:35 AM

oh for real...thanks this whole time... i thought you have to type the new hd password to lock it...but i did not know that you can use the stock hd eeprom.bin to lock the new hd....thanks alot guys...very helpful...this also applies to 137+ hd right?

#8 ippo

ippo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 03:25 AM

wait a second...i understand that you can lock your hd just simply by using xboxhdm by going to option 3 and typing in ,lockhd -a, but that is only with the stock hd eeprom.bin for it to lock the stock hd....i can't use the stock hd eeprom.bin to lock the new hd since the password are different...isn't that right...thats why i have to type in the password and not just use option 3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users