• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 WipeTwice69

WipeTwice69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 04:44 PM

ok, i don't know if i'd necessarily classify myself as a "noob", but i do need some help.

I've been researching xbox modding for awhile now, i did the whole xbins thing, got all my software, emus etc. and actually read up on everything so i wouldn't screw it up. well a couple days ago my chip came in the mail (solderless X-Bit 1.5) and i installed it without any problems. I flashed it with the latest xecuter bios, installed the latest evox dash and proceeded to send over my emus and roms with flashfxp. I started with just xsnes9x and had no troubles at all, everything was working perfectly, I almost came in my pants i was so happy biggrin.gif

after a few hours of childhood nostalgia i decided to start sending over neogenesis along with a little over 1000 roms. I did everything the same as i had done with the xsnes9x, I copied the files to the emulators folder i made on "E" drive. But when i rebooted it wouldn't load my dashboard. Instead the powerbutton light began flashing orange and green and i got an error message, number 13. i tried putting my evox boot disc back in and i got error message number 14. if i put in a regular xbox game it plays fine.

i don't know what could have caused this, one minute it's working fine, literally 5 minutes later it won't boot the dash.

i looked around online but the only info i found was that there could be something wrong with the a/v box or whatever it's called. The fact that it still plays regular games seems to rule that out. the other info that i found is that it's dashboard related, but i found nothing as to a remedy to fix it.

I'm really stumped here, would reflashing the bios on my chip help at all?

#2 JesustheDarkLord

JesustheDarkLord

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:10 PM

Reinsert the disc you used to install EvoX, and reinstall it. Something happened to your dash.

#3 WipeTwice69

WipeTwice69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:35 PM

i tried that, with no disc i get error 13, with the evox disc i get error 14, with any regular game disc there's no problems. is there a way to reinstall without the boot disc?

#4 JesustheDarkLord

JesustheDarkLord

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:23 PM

One way to reinstall would be to use an exploit to ftp in (MechAssault or similar), and then ftp the files in. Otherwise, I don't know what to say. YOu could try reflashing the bios and then booting from disk, but I don't know that it would work and won't recommend it. Maybe someone who knows more can help.

#5 punqewe

punqewe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:35 PM

Okay,first your xbox can get to the flashed bios....otherwise it won't even load a game. That parts okay. So I don't think it's the chip.....also,since it can run a game I think it's just a bad file/path somewhere. Use firefuckers or slayers,turn off the machine and boot to the disk....since it will boot a game it will boot this. Now in the disk there is a file explorer...use it to look at your files on all the drives to see if there's anything wrong there. If there is,you can move things around or rename them. Since it's just an error 13 (cannot find dash to load) you will probably just have to rebuild your dash. On the slayers disk there's an app that will rebuild your M$ dash...could give that a try. If your box couldn't boot a game I would say that the hard drive is bitched,but since it can that's
nothing to worry about.

So I would have to say for your to boot to the disk and explore the drives to do a visual,then if you have to...rebuild or do a total format and install. Re-write over the whole thing and start over.

#6 WipeTwice69

WipeTwice69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:49 PM

thanks, i'll try that.

also, since you seem quite knowledgable, i have another question:
when i sent my snes roms over with flashfxp only about 1500 of the 1800 i tried to send successfully made it. the rest had the same error message about not being able to read the file or open it or something. i tried zipped and unzipped files as well as renaming them with shorter file names but to no avail. the same thing happened with my sega roms, about 500 of them wouldn't copy over. any ideas? have you heard of this happening before? i haven't had a problem with any other files transferring, all the atari ones went fine as well as all the tg-16.

#7 tajwk

tajwk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 December 2004 - 10:12 PM

i would just suggest just using slayers auto installer then you can just reload your dashboard...if thats not the only problem, then you can use the auto installer to try and find out whats next
hope this helps
taj

#8 WipeTwice69

WipeTwice69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 10:18 PM

it was the cheap modchip, i opened up my xbox, realigned the chip which had magically moved all by itself and "walla", it's all better, i also figured out the problem with the roms not transferring, the file names were too long and alot of them had commas which i guess the xbox doesn't like. thanks all, no more problems here smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users