#1 spearfree

spearfree

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 02 December 2004 - 01:50 AM

I have seen my friends being banned from xbl for some reason, but what's more interesting is that some of them have their evox dash in C:\, and appz in F as well as games (PAL and NTSC). And yet, they have NOT been banned. It is true that they never updated their HDD, and that they used their retail HDD ONLY. They also restored their account (recovery) after they formatted their HDD with slayer 2.6...they did it couple of times. So now my Q is...Can I have appz on my F or E drive, have Evox dash installed in C, and still be OK to play H2 on live (of course with mod OFF, with legal M$ bios loaded, and so on and so forth)?

BTW, they enabled their F drive and disabled their G drive (the option that you can select in evox settings)!!

#2 Gumba

Gumba

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 December 2004 - 03:29 AM

There is absolutely NO evidence that a 'stealth' install has any benefit.

No one has been banned (afaik) for having apps on E and evox/avalaunch/unleashx on C, as long as they haven't replaced the c:\xboxdash.xbe file with a non MS-dash.

more info: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=304652 <-- GO HERE!!

#3 spearfree

spearfree

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:41 PM

Besides all that I think that people that have SAVED GAMES (PAL) are in dangerous. I think that this new security chacks for saved games to see if there is something an "Inappropriate"!!??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users