Colonel32

Sheik Yerbouti

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 February 2003 - 08:23 PM

So i just read that letter that the linux team love.gif sent MS mad.gif .. thought it was great, funny in area's like....
Of course, we understand that, due to what some unkind persons are calling 'dumping' of the consoles at below cost, you are making a big loss in this division and so perhaps cannot afford to staff this email address properly. jester.gif  So to help make sure you are aware of our request, we have also made it publicly available on our website.

That cracked me up... so what do you guys think... will m$ do ANYTHING per this request?
Or do you think they will simply implement their own explorer browser, outlook express, msn messenger etc..... then charge us up the ying yang in their next release cuz it'signed?

#2 MeNaCe911

MeNaCe911

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 February 2003 - 09:11 PM

lol i think this is how its gonna go

To linux team,
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

From,
MS
PS:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

#3 AdmStng

AdmStng

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 09:54 PM

i have to say that whatever ever M$ does... let 'em do it. Paying for software is not an issue for me (not that i steal it or anything) and i juist enjoy MSs software. I'm not gunna go into who stole what from who and what came out first blah blah. i personally don't care. I like what is best. linux is just a weaker OS. my linux teacher ALWAYS bashes M$, one day he was talking about his XP machine.. "WHAT!!" i said.. "you running windows XP??" that is just another example of a more powerful client side OS. Server side linux has many strong points mostly including price.. all in all, M$ is F'n great. and look, were allbenifiting from a 199.99 M$.. xbox, that i'm sure your all playing your "back-up's" on. besides, linux is free.. these guys aren't losing money or anything.. and the technitions who work on linux server get paid very nice.. the fewer ones out there the more they will get paid. look at novell admins salary compared to a MCSE's salary... stop bashing M$

#4 seph200x

seph200x

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 10:17 PM

Now, I'm all for the Xbox Linux project, but to me (and I bet to MS -- IF they ever read it), that letter reads like this:

Dear M$,

U r m0n0poliXX0rz!!1! let us run linux on our xboxes! we dont have to listen to ur rules, because linux is c00l!! you only allow m$ authorised software to run on xbox bcause you want to monpopolise everything

(never mind the fact that it IS their own console they're monopolizing... never mind that EVERY successful console has had licencing restrictions in place since the beginning of time)

ummm .. we'll give u money if you sign our xbe... we've got a couple hundred bucks. that should b enough bcause we dont have to follow ur rules bcause we arent making a game, we are making an os that will make you lose even more m0n3y$ HAHAH suxx0rz!!!

so hows about it billy boy?

#5 tupac

tupac

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 February 2003 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (AdmStng @ Feb 17 2003, 09:54 PM)
i have to say that whatever ever M$ does... let 'em do it. Paying for software is not an issue for me (not that i steal it or anything) and i juist enjoy MSs software. I'm not gunna go into who stole what from who and what came out first blah blah. i personally don't care. I like what is best. linux is just a weaker OS. my linux teacher ALWAYS bashes M$, one day he was talking about his XP machine.. "WHAT!!" i said.. "you running windows XP??" that is just another example of a more powerful client side OS. Server side linux has many strong points mostly including price.. all in all, M$ is F'n great. and look, were allbenifiting from a 199.99 M$.. xbox, that i'm sure your all playing your "back-up's" on. besides, linux is free.. these guys aren't losing money or anything.. and the technitions who work on linux server get paid very nice.. the fewer ones out there the more they will get paid. look at novell admins salary compared to a MCSE's salary... stop bashing M$

what r u talking about?.....i think u went a little off topic.......

anyway, M$ is already losing enough money as is cause people are not buying enough games to pay for their debt when producing the xboxs. if people just turn their xbox into pcs they won't buy games and it'll be more money lost........plus M$+Linux...keep dreaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users