• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cletusvandamme

cletusvandamme

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 11:52 PM

Hello guys, I've been working on this for the past couple of days can cannot find my answer. I have throughly read the ChefElf tutorial, even printed it out and took my highlighter to it so that I can absorb it all. I still can't get it to work. Feel like an idiot but I give up so I'm asking smile.gif Please please help this burnt out noob!

Per ChefElf I am working with CONFIGURATION 3

my line feeds into my modem and to my WRT45G Linksys Router. I connected the Xbox to port 2 on the router and made sure that my EvolutionX dashboard settings matched the following :

SetupNetwork = Yes
Static IP = No
IP = 192.168.0.3
Subnetmask = 255.255.255.0
Defaultgateway =
DNS1 = 0.0.0.0
DNS2 = 0.0.0.0

I then booted up and the Xbox is no longer receiving an IP from the DHCP. The man EvolutionX screen show a blank IP. I go into settings and verify that all is set as it should be.

However, in settings TYPE and IP show up as blank. LINE STATUS shows up as "No Link!".

Can someone please point out what I'm doing wrong. I appreciate any help you guys can give me. I'll be out of town Sunday-Tuesday and if you have something to add feel free to add it as I look forward to getting as much input as I can.

Thanks again guys! Oh and this may seem kiss ass but after reading these forums a bit I got envious and had to get a modded box. Damn, I can't believe I went this long with out one!

#2 Dangerously_Cheesy

Dangerously_Cheesy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:What doesn't interest me? :P
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 December 2004 - 11:55 PM

Hrmmm, Make sure that the DCHP is turned ON in the Router and make sure that the cable you are using between the Xbox and the Router is un-damaged. Also, a crossover cable wont work for this network configuration, so if that's what you're using, swap it out for a cat5 cable.

#3 cletusvandamme

cletusvandamme

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:33 AM

Thanks a lot cheesy. I'll give that a go on Friday. Unfortunately I've been pretty busy this week (just flew back from a business trip). I'll let everyone know if that works! smile.gif

C.V.D.

#4 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:54 PM

Also if you are booting evox from the hdd and think you changed the network settings make sure you scrolled all the way down and hit save and exit. If you are booting from the cd make sure those settings are already like that in the evox.ini before you burned the disc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users