• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 duckdoo

duckdoo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 01:05 AM

I am a noob, and have read many tutorials on using the yellow wire for different types of mods. I am having trouble finding information on exactly what it is used for and how it behaves when in use and when not in use. How does it behave when connected to a device that uses the yellow wire and how does it behave when connected to a device that does not use the yellow wire.

From what I have found, I understand that standard controlers and dvd remote do not use the yellow wire (is this true??). These are the only devices that i have. What devices use the yellow wire??

Thanks for your time.

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 December 2004 - 01:13 AM

the yellow wire is a higher voltage (i cant remmeber if its 5 or 12, its one step higher than standard USB)

its used for devices requiring extra juice, like light guns and racing wheels, other than that you can splice off of it for case lights or probably cut it (make sure you seal the ends so it doesnt ground out on anything) without any trouble

#3 sheliak

sheliak

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 December 2004 - 01:20 AM

I think you are talking about two different yellow wires. The yellow wire going to the hard drive is a 12V power source. The yellow wire in controllers and controller ports is only used in light guns as far as I know. I have used the controller yellow wire in two different xboxes for a power button in a mem card. Worked fine.

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 December 2004 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (sheliak @ Dec 4 2004, 07:23 PM)
I think you are talking about two different yellow wires. The yellow wire going to the hard drive is a 12V power source. The yellow wire in controllers and controller ports is only used in light guns as far as I know. I have used the controller yellow wire in two different xboxes for a power button in a mem card. Worked fine.

nah, im not talking about the HD wire, im talking about the yellow controller wire, lol

#5 duckdoo

duckdoo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 11:17 PM

thanks for that
it has been very helpful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users