10 replies to this topic

#1 masterchief

masterchief

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2002 - 02:43 AM

HTML
Is it possible to burn XBOX games to another blank Cd and run them on the XBOX? I mean to do this you must have a special burning software, DVD-R/RW Drive, DVD-R/RW CD, as well as something to make the XBOX think its a genuine copy of the game. How do I do this or get this stuff if it even exists and approximately how much would I pay or maybe a better question would be how much should I pay? This is killing my because XBOX games haven't seemed to get any cheaper other than the system itself or the games by a few bucks but th lack of cash I have now is torture!

rolleyes.gif dry.gif sad.gif

#2 ImYoPusha

ImYoPusha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 June 2002 - 08:14 AM

I think the only way to burn XBOX games is to download them and burn them.

#3 The Legendary Rob

The Legendary Rob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 05 June 2002 - 12:14 PM

i think u need a NUMBUS 2000 to rip xbox games biggrin.gif

#4 -v!ct!m-

-v!ct!m-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 June 2002 - 02:58 PM

and of course you need a modchip to play backups on te xbox blink.gif

#5 linkycat

linkycat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 June 2002 - 12:09 AM

NUMBUS 2000... not to be confused with NIMBUS 2000 the popular flying broom... sorry about that. i'm a tard.

#6 masterchief

masterchief

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2002 - 07:51 PM

Nimbus 2000??? Like the broom in Harry Potter? Just kidding. What is Nimbus 2000 and where do I get it. Also, which kind of ModChip should I buy, how much should I pay and should I get someone else to install it for me or do it myself?
blink.gif

#7 pmow

pmow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 June 2002 - 07:59 PM

I always recommend doing it yourself, unless you're a seasoned modder. I have had plenty of soldering experience, and fucked mine up. The contacts are WAY too small! I didn't do chips before, and this is the most advanced thing I've seen. I want to post pics up of the size of these contacts.

Right now, I sent MY xtender to premodded, and they promptly chipped it with one of their used ones. It shipped today, thursday, with their std 2-day $20 shipping. It should arrive Monday, and I'll post my review in the appropriate section. Now they have the enigmahs in, and are shipping their pre-orders.

They included a little warranty with the used xbox, but they complete burn tests for each one. This means running them for 2-3 hours to make sure they don't burn out. My xtender reportedly works great, i'll test with a couple games I "backed up", and that's it.

It's better to buy the chip along with the xbox, that way they can't say it's the chip. Same goes with computer equipment, and anything else. My girlfriend came with her parents, so I can't blame her, etc.

#8 The Legendary Rob

The Legendary Rob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 07 June 2002 - 10:18 AM

what i meant was NIMBUS 2000 and it is harry potter's broom. ummm... i believe it was a joke and that u guys were supposed to laugh to it... ok u can laugh now laugh.gif

#9 Duece

Duece

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 June 2002 - 02:39 PM

The way I see it is that you should do it yourself. I think as long as you have a steady hand, can read directions(schematics) and take your time then you will be ok. O, and also if you don't have hands like shaq or anything tongue.gif

Thae only way to become a good modder is to do it. I watched my psx get chipped by a friend, chipped my ps2 and now I am ready for my xbox. unsure.gif Good luck to everyone one their installs!

#10 masterchief

masterchief

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2002 - 10:43 PM

Yes, I know about all of that but who do you recommend is the best chip dealer on the net or anywhere that ships (I need the name and address please!) and if I get someone else to do it for me, I can get insurance with most places, can't I?
rolleyes.gif

#11 R3B0RN

R3B0RN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 08 June 2002 - 09:39 PM

Quote (The Legendary Rob @ Jun 7 2002, 10:18 AM)
what i meant was NIMBUS 2000 and it is harry potter's broom. ummm... i believe it was a joke and that u guys were supposed to laugh to it... ok u can laugh now laugh.gif

ROFLMAO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users