• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 scooby_snacks56

scooby_snacks56

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 09:50 AM

I have a xbow that is either 1.4 or 1.5 and has the executer 2.6 lite installed that i had purchased recently. First using the cromwell bios i was able to flash a new bios. Nothing worked all it would do is turn off and on a couple of times and end up with red and green flashing led on the front. same after flashing with xternal programmer. Although if chip is off its all good. What is wrong. Is there something simple that i am missing and is a easy fix? Do i need to just have a different bios that will work with the box and bodchip? If it is a bios thing can i get hints to what to use and how to flash so i know its right.

#2 moosebox

moosebox

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 10:19 AM

flash protect off?

go over the install steps again maybe
http://www.teamxecut...s/x3pin1015.htm

flashbios tutorials
http://www.teamxecuter.com/flashbios/

#3 scooby_snacks56

scooby_snacks56

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 07:59 PM

Thanks for the reply, but yes I made sure of the flash protect, and went over all the istallation it seems to be perfect? Could any thing else have happened?

#4 scooby_snacks56

scooby_snacks56

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 08:53 PM

Hey man thanks alot i got flashbios 3.0.3 on there using the external programer and it comes up on the screen so i knokw the modchip is in right. so now i should be able to use the tutorial that you sent the link to and get a bios that allows me to do stuff. I have access to many of them but as it seems different ones make a huge difference in weather or not it works. if you could shed light on what one will work that would be cool. If the forum does not allow specific bios information to be posted please send a email to scooby_snacks56@hotmail.com. i dont need any files just what one to use.

#5 mart1ster

mart1ster

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:xbox modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 December 2004 - 09:31 PM

hi i've flashed my 2.6 chip and now it comes up like normal with xecuter sign is this normal/will i be able to install a dash board now, im got a iv got slayer evo installer v2.6 will this work? the reason i aint tryd yet is because i've orderd a samsung dvd rom coz the thompson never worked
thanks all

#6 moosebox

moosebox

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 09:36 PM

I'm not really upto date on bios', since I haven't needed to reflash for over a year now. But it seems like the most popular and reliable are:

X2 4983 and M8

#7 scooby_snacks56

scooby_snacks56

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 10:56 PM

so i have tried both the 4983.06 as well as the m7 as i do not as o fnow have a copy of m8. i will keep looking and find one onthough. is there something that i am doing seriously wrong when so far the only bios that i can get work is the flash bios 3.0.3?

#8 moosebox

moosebox

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 11:27 PM

are you flashing to the right banks...what size bios are you using?

#9 scooby_snacks56

scooby_snacks56

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 11:34 PM

i have tried all the bioses that i have and loaded all 4 banks everytime so that it should work no matter what one is selected right? so after i laod the bios it just does the christmas lights red and green. If i am understanding everything correctly i dont need ot have any dashboards installed as it will load the original if the better ones are not there. unless this is wrong and i need to have a dashboard on a disk when trying to do this i dont know what is going on.

#10 scooby_snacks56

scooby_snacks56

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 12:33 AM

hey thanks alot man i have m8 installed and working with the standard dash so now i just need to get a dashboard that works

#11 moosebox

moosebox

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 01:21 AM

cool..glad I kinda helped tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users