6 replies to this topic

#1 Nav_xboxfreak

Nav_xboxfreak

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 11:10 PM

Hey everybody. i saw in a walmart flyer that a Bulldog remote car starter with keyless entry and lcd remote. I have a 1993 Plymouth Voyager and a 1999 Chevy Malibu. The voyager has power locks and windows with no existing remote system. My 1999 Malibu has an existing keyless entry system with power locks as well. Is it possible to install this remote car starter myself? Can I put it in both my vehicles? On a difficulty scale of 1 out of 10, how difficult would this installation be, 10 being most difficult and 1 the least difficult. THanks for your help. Its 4 my dad's x-mas gift, hope he likes it. Thanks again.

#2 dj_sensations

dj_sensations

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Cars And my modded XBox.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 December 2004 - 06:02 AM

i say a 8

If you are good with wires and shit then its cool

just pray the malibu dont got a immoblizer, that will make your life less fun!

Get the wiering diagrams off the net somwhere and cut and splice, it gets easy as you go along with it.

#3 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 December 2004 - 07:47 PM

Supposedly it's not too difficult, there isnt even any wire cutting I believe, I think it just plugs in with the computer and all. Remember must have automatic (shouldnt be a problem for you) so I say go for it.

#4 augusta

augusta

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 December 2004 - 09:13 PM

looking at my tbird there was 1 wire that ran up under the hood to a wire on the motor, may be different for different cars though

#5 MoeMan949222

MoeMan949222

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (mike96sc2 @ Dec 6 2004, 02:50 PM)
Supposedly it's not too difficult, there isnt even any wire cutting I believe, I think it just plugs in with the computer and all. Remember must have automatic (shouldnt be a problem for you) so I say go for it.

Not necessarily automatic (Check compatibility). If it's stick, just don't leave it in first gear, or go pick up ur car a block away from were you parked it.

#6 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (MoeMan949222 @ Dec 7 2004, 06:35 PM)
Not necessarily automatic (Check compatibility). If it's stick, just don't leave it in first gear, or go pick up ur car a block away from were you parked it.

True, but most cars, especially anything newer requires the clutch to be pressed in when starting the vehicle. I suspect with the cars mentioned though a manual transmission would be highly unlikely

#7 MoeMan949222

MoeMan949222

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:47 AM

There are special ones out there that work with newer versions, but they'll run you $400 unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users