• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MjrPothead

MjrPothead

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 02:00 PM

I installed XBMC, actualy I installed 3 different versions since none was working. Okay, XBMC comes up real nice, I can browse to my network share where all my pictures, MP3's and AVI's are located. I can watch a slideshow no problem. When I go to play AVI's or MP3's, nothing happens. I tried pressing all the buttons on the controller and on the remote, still nothing. So I copied some mp3's and avis, over to the F drive to try and play them from there. Still nothing. Someone suggested I may have a corrupt XBMC install, so I go onto www.torrentspy.com, and grab 2 different builds. did the same thing, I can watch picture show, but nothing else, I can get to the network share, and see all the files I want to play but cant execute any of them.

Is there something in my evox.ini file I need to do, or something in the xboxmediacenter.xml file I ahve to add. Everything is installed in the default e:\apps\xbmc. Please help.

#2 hellbent_fiend

hellbent_fiend

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 06:09 PM

I have exactly the same problem , I have updated the XBMC Folder , deleted it and reinstalled , I have downloaded it directly from avalaunch and the usual places with the same results , also tried deleting E:\TDATA\0face008 folder
it looks really nice but it only displays pictures.

hope someone can help on this issue.

Edited by hellbent_fiend, 06 December 2004 - 06:13 PM.

#3 MjrPothead

MjrPothead

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 06:41 PM

Well I am glad it wasnt only me. I thought my years of IT were for nothing. I am usualy good about following instructions and have done many things via my laptop in front of me, and my ducktape and hammer in both hands. But I can not find anywhere that will tell me a fix to this problem. Its like no one has had this problem, until your post. So lets hope someone comes along and helps us out.

#4 MjrPothead

MjrPothead

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 01:34 AM

Bah, I fixed it. Not happy at the lack of replys, I decided to go at it one more time.This time however, instead of ftping over to the Xbox, I used network \\xbox\e\ and cleaned out my initial install. I than recopied over everything using that path, and everything works fine. Alternately you can use Network Neighbourhood and traverse to the shared folder on the xbox you wish to install your Apps.

#5 hellbent_fiend

hellbent_fiend

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 03:54 AM

LOL!

yep, it seems that you have to get really original in order to get people to help.

I'm laughing because I have been using the network to comunicate to the xbox ,

let me try FTP and see if I fix this damn thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users