3 replies to this topic

#1 Rattled_by_the_Rush

Rattled_by_the_Rush

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 06:17 PM

I don't get this at all. I burned an iso with a folder containing about 13 .avi files. I put it in to XBMC and only 1 of those files shows up when i open the folder. it's a file that had no underscores in it's name. so then I rename all the files to not have any underscores, burn another DVD and now it's not reading any of the files? It reads the disc, the folder
shows up when I open the D: drive, but then nothing is in it.

I've been trying to figure this out, cause i want to use XBMC, with all of it's nifty updates and such, but I still use XBMPlayer to read video files because it just reads everything, no problems.

Any help with this would be much appreciated...

Edit: i'm running the 11-15 build, but i've always had this problem with XBMC.

Edited by Rattled_by_the_Rush, 06 December 2004 - 06:18 PM.

#2 j_guzzler

j_guzzler

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 December 2004 - 06:48 PM

Don't know if I am right or not, but when i want to view files with the xbox dvd player I just burn them normally (no ISO), but if an ISO is required then you need to create an xbox iso, backwards from your standard computer iso. Anyways, I have watched avi files off of a dvd and I just burnt them onto the dvd like i would mp3's on a cd.....sorry I couldnt be any more help

#3 Rattled_by_the_Rush

Rattled_by_the_Rush

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 06:59 PM

Yer probably right man, i'll try burning it normally. for some reason, i've always thought that it had to be an iso. dunno, haven't given much thought until today. Thanks smile.gif

#4 decepticon

decepticon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 December 2004 - 04:17 PM

this was a bug that popped up somewhere in the september builds. It was chased for months and was finally found/fixed on 11/30/04. Run a build from that point on and you should see improvement. If not, make sure that your xbox dvd-rom drive is compatible with the type of media you are burning on.

cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users