Vamino

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 December 2004 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (...ReLLiK @ Dec 12 2004, 06:26 AM)
What I get from this:
INI file changes fixed the black screen if a game is started new or restarted from a load before the droid gets shot.
There is NO need to clear the cache.
As the game states, Save often and in different slots!

I don't think changing the ini file actually does anything. I also save often when I play games like this. I saved when I entered the room where you get the black screen after the droid gets fried. The first time, I got the black screen. I pressed start and loaded my save at the beginning of that room. I went back up to the panel and did my thing there, droid got shot and that time it went through with it's auto-saving and loading fine, so I don't believe the ini has any effect. Just save before it and load until you get through. I'm pretty sure it's just a buggy game. KotOR was a buggy game too.

Anyway, Xbox specs for me if anyone's counting: Xbox 1.6, Aladdin Advance, EvoX M8_16 Bios (With EvoX logo off).

#107 ...ReLLiK

...ReLLiK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 December 2004 - 09:47 AM

Vamino...

Tried it again with a new character from the start, this time it still went to that black screen.
Have tried reloading 6 times already no luck.

So I must agree that the ini has NO effect.
Also clearing the cache still makes no difference.

Only thing I can reccomend at this point is, try and try again.

#108 SonicRaT

SonicRaT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 02:50 PM

I've posted this in quite a few placs, but nobody seems to do it correctly. This has worked EVERYTIME on every character on various different xboxes.

1. Go to the terminal directly before the blackscreen and save your game. DO NOT ACCESS THE TERMINAL AND OPEN THE PATH BEFORE QUITTING THE GAME.
2. Quit your game and and go to movies at the main menu and watch the sith lords trailer. Watch the WHOLE thing, let it go all the way through until it returns you to the list.
3. After the trailer is finished load your game and *now* access the terminal and open the emergency hatch, and it should go through the droid being shot, and then it'll go to the autosave screen and you'll be back where you should be.

#109 MagusIII

MagusIII

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 12 December 2004 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (SonicRaT @ Dec 12 2004, 03:53 PM)
I've posted this in quite a few placs, but nobody seems to do it correctly. This has worked EVERYTIME on every character on various different xboxes.

1. Go to the terminal directly before the blackscreen and save your game. DO NOT ACCESS THE TERMINAL AND OPEN THE PATH BEFORE QUITTING THE GAME.
2. Quit your game and and go to movies at the main menu and watch the sith lords trailer. Watch the WHOLE thing, let it go all the way through until it returns you to the list.
3. After the trailer is finished load your game and *now* access the terminal and open the emergency hatch, and it should go through the droid being shot, and then it'll go to the autosave screen and you'll be back where you should be.

What BIOS'es and dashboards have you done this with? I've tried it, it didn't work for me.

#110 clutchman

clutchman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 07:14 PM

All of this is no help....I can't get my backup to play at all....any ideas

#111 JediYodaNT

JediYodaNT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 08:07 PM

Hello Again Everyone. Update On My Attempts...
I Have Gotten Past The Terminal Blackout Problem By Playing From The Disc.....Sorry To Say It Folks, But I Believe There's No Way Around It. My Disc Was My Backup Disc However. It Wasn't My Origonal.

And Now More Bad News......We Have A New KOTOR II Problem. I Made It To The 1st Real World And I've Found My Forst Swoop Race. The Problem Is That The Times I'm Making Are Not Being Kept In The Game. Scenario....I Asked The Race Coordinator What The Track Times Were And He Listed Four Of The. The Best Time To Beat Was Something Like 41:28. I Actually Made In In 41:18 And He Said My Time Was Unimpressive And That I'd Not Beaten Any Of The Track Records.

I've Seen This Error Posted By Someone Else Somewhere But I Can't Remember Where. Anyone Else Experiencing This Issue And If So, Have You Found A Way To Fix It Yet?

#112 ahoatam

ahoatam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Xecuter 2.3<br />80 Gb HDD<br />XBMC Dash<br />JP1 remote<br />12V 80mm Fan<br />Internal auto-switching DVD
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 December 2004 - 08:19 PM

This is getting nasty. I tried SonicRaT's solution with a save I had already made right before the terminal - no luck. I have yet to try it with a brand new playthrough. I will later if I have time.

It's nice that someone posted a gamesave, but we need a better solution. While force alignments on the save are negligible this far into the game, it won't allow for replayability in terms of character class or gender. In other words, it isn't a long term solution.

We need someone who is a true expert tackling this problem. In the meantime, I'll probably use ColSandoz's savefile to get my fix, but a longterm solution or permenent fix is necessary.

#113 t_skraggs

t_skraggs

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:38 PM

I just wanted to say thanks to those that discovered the workaround.

Saving before accessing the terminal, quitting the game, watching the trailer completely, loading the game, then accessing the terminal made really easy work of getting around the bug.

I'm now about 2 hours past that point.

#114 aceman118

aceman118

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:41 PM

for those of you that played fine after the robot part (using disc or whichever method you got to work) you say you had no problems after this? I got passed the droid part using the disc and then only a few autosaves later the loading screen froze. had to use the disc again. then it just happend to me again now. not sure if they are consistant errors cause i went right to the disc to get by them but it still seems to be having problems running off the HD.

#115 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 December 2004 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (aceman118 @ Dec 13 2004, 12:44 AM)
for those of you that played fine after the robot part (using disc or whichever method you got to work) you say you had no problems after this? I got passed the droid part using the disc and then only a few autosaves later the loading screen froze. had to use the disc again. then it just happend to me again now. not sure if they are consistant errors cause i went right to the disc to get by them but it still seems to be having problems running off the HD.

i dont think theese r consistent errors cause mine also froze at the droid kill part but after using dvd to get past it im about 11 hours into it .it froze from the hhd for me at the merchant shop on Telos but after reboot i went back to the shop and this time it didnt freeze. i think the game is just buggy/glitchy like the first KOTOR which froze on me about 30 hours into it so i never got to finish it! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! damned Carth freeze glitch thingy! beerchug.gif

Edited by tonloc79, 13 December 2004 - 12:08 AM.

#116 SonicRaT

SonicRaT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 12:12 AM

I've used avalaunch, xbmc, and evox, don't have an exact list of bios, but iirc I was using 3935/m7 on my home box and it's worked everytime. I don't remember if I turned IGR off and TSR to disabled to do it however, but I just save right infront of the terminal, exit, watch the trailer, wait for the trailer to finish, go back and load the game again, hit the terminal and it has worked every time for me.

I've ran the entire game off the HDD and finished it without any problems.

Edited by SonicRaT, 13 December 2004 - 12:16 AM.

#117 Trivster

Trivster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 12:58 AM

Ok, I know this may sound strange, but it worked for me.

I've tried all the other recommended workarounds; manual unpack and FTP, editing ini files, watching movies.. I haven't tried DVDR yet, but that was next on my list.

What DID work for me, is to use the EvoX debug telnet mode and freeze the game just as the droid gets hit. Unfreeze. Freeze. Unfreeze.. And then it loaded and continued. From this I gather that indeed the bug is related to the difference in loading between HD and DVD; perhaps the fact that it's trying to stream music from the cached HD while it loads a new level from DVD and the two clash.. or.. whatnot.. I don't know, but I know I finally got past it. Wahoo!

#118 aceman118

aceman118

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:22 AM

Ive been testing it today and my problem has been constant. I load a save and it freezes on the loading screen every time. i go back, play to that autosave point and freezes again. sucks that this is only happening to me but its good its not happening to anyone else. if any has any ideas though, that would be awesome.

#119 vyperstrike

vyperstrike

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:32 AM

I used DVD2XBOX to rip the game to the hard drive, no noticiable problems, but I loaded a save after the dreaded black screen point.

One note, I read that a few people did the swoop races at the first location said that the announcer guy says he didn't break any of the records, despite the fact that he did.
I beat the 4th place record, and the guy said I didn't break any, but when I ask him what the records are, then he says I have the 4th place record.

#120 Ghaleon

Ghaleon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 05:40 AM

None of these methods have worked. Clearing cache, movie trick, etc.

Has anyone discovered any other ways of fixing this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users