4 replies to this topic

#1 junku

junku

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 09:06 AM

after using qwix 1.01 for uploading games to my xbox I no longer can see
any games, videos, pictures or music on the F: drive.
Somehow I can see the applications though.
The filemanager in avalaunch reads the F: drive as if its all there, but the folders are empty (also if I ftp).

Please help me. . Im allmost crying like a little girl

Junku

#2 22cal

22cal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 07:42 PM

You have 300gig on F:?
I've haven't seen a 300gig drive. But I am not up on A+ and what is new.

#3 junku

junku

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:52 PM

well no not exactly 300 Gb on F: but its an 300 Gb harddrive thats installed in my xbox. . . anyway . . in trying to fix it I fucked it all up so bad, that it just needs to be reinstalled. . . BUT

This is the second time Ive been unlucky after using Qwix and I think the fault occurs because it ran out of space. . . maybe somebody could look into that. . or something see yall

#4 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 December 2004 - 08:14 PM

Your F drive is corrupted. When using a HDD bigger than 250GB (or any HDD that will have enough space to create an F partition bigger than 256GB), you're supposed to have an F drive and a G drive. Otherwise, your F drive will be bigger than 256GB, which will eventually get corrupted.

Basically, you'll need to edit your bios to support the G drive (use xbtool, or evtool if you're using m8), then reformat your F drive and format a G drive. This will prevent corruption from happening again.

#5 spike0ne

spike0ne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:37 AM

Hey -

Would have been nice to know this before I converted my 300GB drive from a "F & G" setup to a "F only" setup. And, yes, I did look around before doing so. The only "documentation" I found stated that new BIOSes (using LBA48) could address up to 2.2TB (yes, TERA-bytes) of storage.

That info can be found in this thread, replied to by heinrich (3rd post down), which is then confirmed by brahm2 on page 2 (2nd post down):

http://forums.xbox-s...?showtopic=8988

Oh well, format and reload the entire thing yet again. *sigh*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users