#16 Pizza Pizz

Pizza Pizz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:45 PM

There ya go - told ya cutting of plastic was fine

you don't have to hack the drive case up - I don't, just cut off the eyelet on dvd caddy that original drives go through - trim 2 lugs down where the controller ports are and coz this is an F it should just shoehorn into the caddy frame in ya xbox
It might catch a little on the left side of the opening of case so a tiny bit more trimming needed here n there but once it is in the xbox the old dvd bezel fits on there perfectly flush

I glued mine on with 2 tiny drops of superglue and looks like original drive - nice n flush - better fit that the T models

well done & enjoy ya drive

#17 BrockSampson

BrockSampson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 05:34 PM

I've carefully read Pizza Pizz's and Toil3t's posts about cutting the white tray switch. Before cutting, my drive was recognized with the 605b firmware in both my pc and xbmc, the drive opened and closed with the xbox button, and the drive would close when I shut down my xbox. The mechanism that spins the cd woudln't rise high enough, so I followed Toil3t's cutting suggestion as best as I could.

Now I'm having an eject problem and the discs don't yet read. What else should I cut or have I cut too much. Attached are pictures of my cut white piece.
IPB Image
IPB Image

#18 BrockSampson

BrockSampson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 05:32 PM

UPDATE: i've shaved off the second switch so now the drive has no eject and loading problems. The disc spins fine now and the laser tries a couple of times to read a disc but then gives up. I've put all the ribbons back and can't figure out what's wrong... please help!

#19 X-Phile

X-Phile

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:25 PM

Hi,

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm having similar problems.

If someone could post some pictures of their "white piece" dooberry after cutting, it would be a great help.

i've done everything but cut the white piece, and the drive powers up and ejects fine, but wont read any discs (and makes a hell of a racket when it tries to).

Cheers

x

#20 X-Phile

X-Phile

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:24 PM

Well, I took the plunge.

I figured that no one would disassemble their dvd drive just to show me, so I dived in, cut the white piece, and it's nearly working right biggrin.gif

I've tested originals and dvd-r's, and both boot fine if I push the drawer shut manually, but...........

if I close the tray using either the button on the drive itself, or the xbox button, when it spins up, it, for want of a better word, spazzes out, making very loud scary noises, before giving up and booting to dash, not reading the disk at all.

Can anyone think why? All the connections must be ok, so presumably its that damned white bit again.

Any ideas folks?

Any help greatly appreciated

#21 Joshatdot

Joshatdot

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:XBMC, Softmod, XBoxHDM, TSOP, [adultswim], Anime, Family Guy, American Dad, Simpsons, Futurama
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:11 AM

tag for later

#22 X-Phile

X-Phile

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:03 PM

Hi,

It seems as though the motor is pulling the tray too far back - if i hold onto the tray a wee bit as it goes in, slowing it down, it's fine, but if i then push the tray very slightly while there's a disk in it, you can hear it (either the disk or another moving part) grating.

Anyone come across this before?

/nudges Joshatdot smile.gif

Cheers anyway,
x.

#23 Joshatdot

Joshatdot

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:XBMC, Softmod, XBoxHDM, TSOP, [adultswim], Anime, Family Guy, American Dad, Simpsons, Futurama
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:12 PM

/me shrug

I just moded my case to fit the 616t. I wanted to cut up the 616t to make it fit, but I didnt want to screw it up if i cut it..

#24 MrMajst3r

MrMajst3r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

I want to modify Samsung SD616T drive. I have firmware from SDG605 B and SDG605 F. Which shoud I use?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users