5 replies to this topic

#1 freejus

freejus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 01:00 PM

So I got it installed, and before I screw anything up I wanna ask how this works, I researched and read around and think I know how it goes but I want to see if there is anything I'm missing or if any of this will be out of order.

1. Install Bios
2. Install Dashboard
and I can just burn these onto a cd and put it in the xbox to put them on right?
Is that all I really need to get started? I didn't see a definitive answer for this, plus from what I have read there are different Bios for the 1.6B.

Thanks

#2 freejus

freejus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 01:16 PM

Let me redo this question. I've been up for 24 hours straight and don't feel like looking for stuff. I need to know what bios to use for my 1.6b, and how to flash the xbox with it. Do I just burn it onto a cd and then stick it in the disc drive of the xbox and follow some directions or what?

#3 flexia

flexia

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:13 PM

well if you have it on a network just put the ip of your xbox into your address bar of internet explorer and hit bios flash and select the file off your computer that you want to flash. And I would recomend the Evox M8 plus for the 1.6b

#4 iwillrefuse

iwillrefuse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 06:22 PM

No; you don't need to burn a CD unless you are planning on upgrading your HD. If you just want to flash the bios:

1. Confirm you chip is installed correctly
2. Hook your box up to your router. Assuming it can accept dynamic addresses, you should see your ip on the from SmartXX OS screen.
3. In browser http://XXX.XXX.XX.XX (ip of your box)
4. Choose flash bios. You'll want to use M8 16, either standard or Plus if you plan on upgrading your HD to larger than 137 GB.

Look for the tutorial elsewhere in this forum (post-install tutorial I believe it's called) very easy to follow.

#5 jROC99

jROC99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 December 2004 - 08:54 PM

Well netork flashing would be great...except I can't see anything on tv the screen.. nor have i been able to flash it across the network. .even tho my router sees the ip address.

I have a v1.6 box here too with a smartXX chip

The pc flash utility on their site doesn't work.

And i installed the chip.. can't see a bloddy thing on the screen when it boots.

How am i supposed to flash this thing.. i've tried the web method.. and it won't connect either.

Its installed properly as i am getting the flashing leds.. and it also connected properly on my network.

help.

jROC

#6 jROC99

jROC99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 December 2004 - 11:29 PM

OK got it... pain in the butt tho..