4 replies to this topic

#1 pdxkid

pdxkid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:15 PM

Okay ive had the new harddrive installed for awhile now. I finally got some n64 roms on it. I actually got p64 to run them.. some of the others havent even loaded them. Anyway when i go to play games on it they start like skipping.. almost as if they start running at half speed? Couldnt figure that out. Everything else was working fine. Then i loaded fable (off hdd) and the beginning credits started skipping a little too. Whats that all about? Is there a way to defrag an xbox HDD? its a 120 gb drive. any input is appreciated. Thank you

#2 xechoxx

xechoxx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:26 PM

64 games skip pretty frequently. I really don't use the 64 emulator too much, but the few games I tried skipped horribly as well. You can expect full N64 emulation on a 733 Mhz processor though. A few games do play almost perfectly though, Mario 64 is great, and I believe Zelda has been hacked on enough to play well, but I wouldn't expect great performance. You'd be better off running and emulator on your PC.

As for Fable skipping, that shouldn't happen, I'm not completely aware of a defrag tool for xbox, but it would be nice. If anyone does know of one please post the name of it.

#3 big ben bullet

big ben bullet

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:50 PM

as far as i know for the moment there are no (reliable) defragging tools...

consider rebuilding your hd with xboxhdm

#4 manatarms25

manatarms25

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 December 2004 - 04:23 PM

I agree maybe time for a reformat? Xboxhdm is great for building hard drives I had a maxtor 120 gig that was locking up and being really buggy. I decided to reformat the drive with my PC than build it with Xboxhdm and its been great ever since.? Kinda odd that its skipping though! Is the hard drive making any skipping noises or any oddd noise? Did you delete you Cache in your E drive? I also like to delete everything in your X,Y and Z drives? I do this every so often it seems to make Halo 2 load a little faster smile.gif

Try that and let us know smile.gif

#5 manatarms25

manatarms25

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 December 2004 - 04:24 PM

oh and for the Nintendo 64 Emu I would use Surreal64 this plays most of the good N64 games pretty nice Mario Kart 64 Rocks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users