3 replies to this topic

#1 public_enema

public_enema

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 03:25 PM

Anyone know of a way to test if the CD itself is burnt properly?

None of the CD's I burn will work on my XBOX - and I'm starting to think its because of the way I am burning them.

I tried evolution-X, Shrek, Star wars jedi fighter, no luck with any of them.

When I open the above ISO files with xISO, I can view the contents - then I tried burning using the latest Nero - but then it always comes up with an error saying "cannot write EndSession"

With Prassi Primio DVD It burns ok - no errors. I choose DAO, Mode1 and burn the ISO at 2x.
Then it reports the burn as successful, but the games just dont read on the xbox.

Then after I burn the CD-RW, I try reading the contents with xISO again, and it reports that the disk isn't written in XBOX ISO format.

Has anyone successfully read the contents of a copied CD-RW in xISO or is it just me?.

THis leads me on to - how can you test (in your pc) that the CD-RW is burnt properly?

Cheers.

#2 travischrisman

travischrisman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 09:32 PM

do you have a mod chip in your box? you must have to have a mod chip to play backups or modified code. use primo dvd. it's the best and easiest. also when using cd-rw burn at 1x. try using tdk cd-rw. also try music on a cd-rw so u know it's not the a bad game.

#3 public_enema

public_enema

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 11:57 PM

heh, of course im using a modchip - X-ecuter

#4 alfaromeo303

alfaromeo303

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (public_enema @ Aug 15 2002, 02:25 PM)
Anyone know of a way to test if the CD itself is burnt properly?

None of the CD's I burn will work on my XBOX - and I'm starting to think its because of the way I am burning them.

I tried evolution-X, Shrek, Star wars jedi fighter, no luck with any of them.

When I open the above ISO files with xISO, I can view the contents - then I tried burning using the latest Nero - but then it always comes up with an error saying "cannot write EndSession"

With Prassi Primio DVD It burns ok - no errors. I choose DAO, Mode1 and burn the ISO at 2x.
Then it reports the burn as successful, but the games just dont read on the xbox.

Then after I burn the CD-RW, I try reading the contents with xISO again, and it reports that the disk isn't written in XBOX ISO format.

Has anyone successfully read the contents of a copied CD-RW in xISO or is it just me?.

THis leads me on to - how can you test (in your pc) that the CD-RW is burnt properly?

Cheers.

Hi,

I'm just burning the xbox iso's with adaptec cd-creator, and even then they work on my box... I burn them to nashua 700mb cd-rw's. Is your modchip functioning correctly??? Check the system information in the ms dashboard and let it sroll down check if there's a bios version that starts with the number 3 and kernel with 4 or something... than it's working..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users